General Radio Oxford

Malc

Staff member
Hi. Can anybody explain to me why I cannot listen to Radio Oxford in Holland. I know that it's not available for the match commentary but I have iFollow for that.
I like to listen to the pre-match show but now I have to sign in and then I'm told the current prograame is not available!

I also have an app giving all Oxfordshire radio stations. They all work except Radio Oxford. If the BBC don't like overseas folk listening (well I don't pay for a tv license of course) do they think it's a good idea to cut of exiles from their mome news and events?

Signed
A pissed-off Malc

Hi. Can anybody explain to me why I cannot listen to Radio Oxford in Holland. I know that it's not available for the match commentary but I have iFollow for that.
I like to listen to the pre-match show but now I have to sign in and then I'm told the current prograame is not available!

I also have an app giving all Oxfordshire radio stations. They all work except Radio Oxford. If the BBC don't like overseas folk listening (well I don't pay for a tv license of course) do they think it's a good idea to cut of exiles from their mome news and events?

Signed
A pissed-off Malc
Had the same problem here in Dorset. But we jumped through lots of hoops and signed in again and Bobs yer uncle. Bet they cut us off at 3 though.

And the ifollow which we had last year was shite so we ain't getting that.

Have you got BBC Sounds?
Yes but no Radio Oxford available. I had to sign in first, so they have my location. Removed the BBC cookies and set up VPN, would not even let me sign in.

I had the exact same issue, from Brasil. I wasn't expecting to be able to get the actual game (used iFollow for that), but what's the problem with the pre-game show? What "contractual" issues could they possibly have?

although I was working yesterday afternoon & evening in a phone signal & wifi 'dead' spot ( near to Chesham) ... thankfully my FM car radio had radio oxford pre match, match commentary and post match coverage playing

ifollow audio if subscribed to/ paid for should have been available shouldn't it?

though OUFC requiring everyone to re register with the clubs online presence a week or so ago, could be the cause of yesterdays problems accessing ifollow audio?

maybe contacting OUFC (tomorrow) might provide an answer to why a service paid for wasn't delivered?

Signed
A pissed-off Malc

Why should you have access to a UK licence fee funded radio station for free ?

Maybe because BBC programming, and that of associated local stations, is made available for free on the internet. The exceptions are those sporting events for which contractual reasons prevent free distribution. In other words, I can't listen, in Brasil, to the RadOx broadcast of the game (I pay iFollow for that, hence the contractual issue), but Malc and I were complaining about not being able to listen to the pre-game progamme, and wondering why not.

Does anyone have any light to shed?

Because you can listen to radio stations over the whole world without paying. There are plenty of apps that provide this service.
Only the BBC has changed its policy. I could always listen to Radio Oxford until recently, only the live football was blocked for anybody outside the county.

Because you can listen to radio stations over the whole world without paying. There are plenty of apps that provide this service.
Only the BBC has changed its policy. I could always listen to Radio Oxford until recently, only the live football was blocked for anybody outside the county.
Are you sure about that, Malc? Maybe it's now for additional "contractual" reasons because it was (partially) possible to listen to pre-game on the iFollow site, except when they insisted on showing a load of ads, thereby causing me to miss important stuff (can't say what, as I could only hear ads!). But I remember towards the end of last season we were shunted over to Radio Accrington, or some such nonsense.

I'm very sure, because I get the same dreary message today instead of some interesting, for me, info from my home town/county.

@Malc have you tried looking for the programme rather than the station? I know that friends in NZ can get Stereo Underground that way, and that's broadcast on radox. Try search Sounds for "Extra Time".

I'm very sure, because I get the same dreary message today instead of some interesting, for me, info from my home town/county.
It's because of the Olympics apparently, should be back to normal soon:

It's because of the Olympics apparently, should be back to normal soon:

What has the Olympics got to do with local BBC stations?

They don't explain why.

What has the Olympics got to do with local BBC stations?

They don't explain why.
Can only assume the BBC have been putting out some of their Olympics coverage on local radio but have only bought the rights to broadcast this in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom