Rad Ox OUFC Special Tonight 6;15

• Thread starter Deleted member 142
  • Start date
Good news about Robbo and Dickie deals both fully deserved in my view glad they want to stay.
Still not sure about the board but will be happier if they re invest a small part of the whyte transfer on some more permenant additions.
Im guessing they thought he would go earlier in the window but have panicked the later its got and had to sell gav on the cheap dont mind what they have done just no need to pretend otherwise glad things are moving on now.

It think it's fair to say there's far less doom and gloom than there was a few days ago. Shows what NMcW and the board can achieve when they come out and communicate, because if they say nowt and constantly let KR do the talking, whatever he's feeling on any particular day can have a huge impact on how the fans view the whole mood and inner workings of the club.

Zaki spoke well. KR spoke fairly well. NM spoke very poorly I felt.

Interesting Zaki spoke about ‘not in it for real estate’. Don’t remember that ever being mentioned apart from on here.

Also, anyone else get a bit annoyed with the constant use of ‘sustainability’

Question sent via text: Does the sale of Gavin Whyte mean that the charge held over the club by Ensco1070 (D.Eales) can be settled in full?

Will it get asked and, more importantly, will the Headmaster get back to me?
I have sent this question;

Why was it left to the Head Coach to defend the owner & board for the PR disaster of off-field late payments on a match day?
Some great questions.................

I`ll take a bet that not one of them makes it onto air.

So did either of these decent questions make it? Or do you all owe me money? ? (y)

. Don’t remember that ever being mentioned apart from on here.

maybe 'theyre' in it for unreal estate?..... would the Breeze block qualify as unreal estate ? :unsure::sneaky:;)

My question was asked but by someone else! I did get a mention for my second question though.:)

The answers were not so good, in fact rather obtuse.

I missed the first 4-5 mins, heard the rest... incuding the Manorlounger 'shout-out' / question :sneaky:

So did either of these decent questions make it? Or do you all owe me money? ? (y)

My specific question wasn’t asked, but a general point was made about KR and the board being in constant touch and was thus able to field questions on behalf of Tiger and the board.

Personally I think KR should be concentrating on football and the 1st team on match days and not be expected ( even if he’s happy to do so) to front up and answer questions about off field late payments.

On a match day that should have been the responsibility of the MD or a board member in my humble opinion.

On the whole I thought the program was worth while, most supporters tend to feel more reassured after these forums. As others have said, KR comes across as incredibly enthusiastic if slightly OTT (in a good way!) Zaki was quite reassuring & I agree with the sustainable club view point, NM didn’t come across that well, perhaps he needs some media training! I liked what the guy from OxVox said at the end of the program re communications.

Last edited:
My question was asked but by someone else! I did get a mention for my second question though.:)

The answers were not so good, in fact rather obtuse.
With regard to the question as to whether Eales has been paid in full now or not, I cant see why the questoon wasnt answered fully. The answer was that there is a payment plan agreed with DE which is being adhered to.
Why not just say, there is a payment plan which means that DE will have been paid I full by (date)?

Interesting Zaki spoke about ‘not in it for real estate’. Don’t remember that ever being mentioned apart from on here.

What was Nick Merry doing there??

What was Nick Merry doing there??
Trying to borrow a pair of socks from Niall McWilliams...
Shame Nick Merry wasn't there, would have been some interesting questions though not sure if they would be aired pre-watershed.

With regard to the question as to whether Eales has been paid in full now or not, I cant see why the questoon wasnt answered fully. The answer was that there is a payment plan agreed with DE which is being adhered to.
Why not just say, there is a payment plan which means that DE will have been paid I full by (date)?

This is how it works as per the charge held by Ensco1070 over OUFC.

1564690448676.png

And then the schedule:

1564690557338.png

So, the balance, should there be a balance, will be payable at any time that the charged account exceeds £1,284,074.

If the club has adhered to the schedule and still has not received the monies due from the transfer of various players, then the charge has not been settled. If that is the case then any and all further income from the sale/transfer of any players under contract to OUFC is liable to be paid into that charged account and hence to Ensco1070.

If our esteemed MD can claim that the schedule has been adhered to then, either, insufficient income has been received from the clubs who purchased players or, he has somewhat dodged the question and the club has not applied those payments to the account. No matter, the charge is still listed as not settled.
I'm happy that Eales hasn't got his money. I'm happy that the club is spending money on players but, don't treat us all as imbeciles. We can look at Company House and the records kept. We can add two and two and get four.

Mr McWilliams provided an answer that was obtuse and did not inform. He then proceeded to be patronising and dismissive of concerns that the club was not maintaining communication with the fans/supporters. It took Paul Peros to say, to his face, that the fans deserved better. And that sentiment I heartily endorse and applaud Oxvox and Paul for having got that across on air.

Last edited:
This is how it works as per the charge held by Ensco1070 over OUFC.

View attachment 1916

And then the schedule:

View attachment 1917

So, the balance, should there be a balance, will be payable at any time that the charged account exceeds £1,284,074.

If the club has adhered to the schedule and still has not received the monies due from the transfer of various players, then the charge has not been settled. If that is the case then any and all further income from the sale/transfer of any players under contract to OUFC is liable to be paid into that charged account and hence to Ensco1070.

If our esteemed MD can claim that the schedule has been adhered to then, either, insufficient income has been received from the clubs who purchased players or, he has somewhat dodged the question and the club has not applied those payments to the account. No matter, the charge is still listed as not settled.
I'm happy that Eales hasn't got his money. I'm happy that the club is spending money on players but, don't treat us all as imbeciles. We can look at Company House and the records kept. We can add two and two and get four.

Mr McWilliams provide an answer that was obtuse and did not inform. He then proceeded to be patronising and dismissive of concerns that the club was not maintaining communication with the fans/supporters. It took Paul Peros to say, to his face, that the fans deserved better. And that sentiment I heartily endorse and applaud Oxvox and Paul for having got that across on air.
I agree. Before DE was trying to sell theclub, he could be armingly upfront with some of the finances.
When yesterday the MD seemed as tou say obtuse, not answering questions other than giving politicians answers.
Why not simply be a little more upfront? It just causes suspicion.

Back
Top Bottom