Chairman Rad ox 5 min ff with oufc owner

Sarge

God like member
this thursday its the turn of our owner to take questions on radio oxford's fans forum

wonder how many questions will be filtered out, and how many of any substance get asked....or for that matter answered ?

Question is, what questions do we want answered?

Additionally, if a protest of some sort was organised for the game against Scunthorpe, will Tiger be there?

I know we don’t necessarily want to get him out of the club, especially without having a replacement, but I think we need to know what his objectives are for the club, how he indeeds to meet those objectives and what are the roles of the other directors, especially Thohir in terms of, is he taking a more involved role (financial backing etc) from April onwards?

Also, what procedures is he going to put in place to avoid future WUP’s?

Where does he see the Club, under his current plan, in two years time.
Unfortunately this is such an easy question to play lip service too

If there is a protest at the next game, I very much doubt it will be organised.......

I’d like to know why we have received four winding up petitions/orders since he took over.

The above question should be repeated for five minutes until we get a satisfactory answer.

I'd like one of the questions to be about his opinions on the Ultras. He loves vibrant stadiums full of colour, but allowed such a toxic environment in dealing with the most committed fans that they felt they had to disband.

Indeed. I know some will refute the first sentence and just want Tiger out 'end of', but that reminds of those repeating 'Brexit means Brexit' without thinking the consequences through: easy sound bites to keep rehashing but not helpful. (And, this week in particular, I make no apologies for mentioning Brexit!)
The vote ain’t changed mate

I'd like one of the questions to be about his opinions on the Ultras. He loves vibrant stadiums full of colour, but allowed such a toxic environment in dealing with the most committed fans that they felt they had to disband.
I don’t think it fair to lay the blame entirely at his feet. Like many things, DE is nowhere near blameless.

not sure how you reach that thought? he should have done proper checks (if he didn't ) he has had 12 months and bar the odd call for further fans investment or a snipe at the Landlord has remained silent. Nobody has any idea of his vision for the club or how it could be achieved.there are meant to be very wealthy men at his call yet we keep getting wup's.

we'll no doubt get the usual sound bites when it's ticket renewal time and as i said previously people will still fall for it because it's our club and that's exactly why nothing ever changes.

not sure how you reach that thought? he should have done proper checks (if he didn't ) he has had 12 months and bar the odd call for further fans investment or a snipe at the Landlord has remained silent. Nobody has any idea of his vision for the club or how it could be achieved.there are meant to be very wealthy men at his call yet we keep getting wup's.

we'll no doubt get the usual sound bites when it's ticket renewal time and as i said previously people will still fall for it because it's our club and that's exactly why nothing ever changes.
no Shareholder AGM in 2018 ....MD said hed get back to us on that, re a shareholders AGM in 2019 - that was in November, the MD hasnt 'got back' in the 4 months plus since. Yet

Ill be watching an episode of Jackanory at the same time. And i imagine i will be feeling less lied to.

when it's ticket renewal time and as i said previously people will still fall for it
What exactly are people "falling for" when buying a season ticket?

Can't speak for others, but I've always got one because I want one, not because of any soundbite or advertisement speak - the only thing that influences me is when the cheap deal expires!

Can't speak for others, but I've always got one because I want one, not because of any soundbite or advertisement speak - the only thing that influences me is when the cheap deal expires!

Exactly this. I buy a season ticket because I want to watch my team, doesn't matter if we're in League One or Two. But most importantly, because I live 80 miles from home and it keeps me more closely connected to family and friends in the area. It's also about the routine, something to do on a Saturday, etc. I'll be renewing whatever.

I've been supporting Oxford for 36 years. The vast majority of that time has been hoping for the best and expecting the worst! I have been sold a dream, not would I necessarily believe it if I heard it anyway. Supporting Oxford is nothing to do with business plans and soundbites but a love of the game.

Season ticket sales may dip, there are a million other things to spend money on these days. But they will still be better than many clubs or our size and the support will still be there no matter who owns us, who managers us and what league we play in.

^^^^^. THIS. ^^^^

So what was said? I was in the gym
its this evening 5.45pm rad ox .... assuming our owner isnt late. (again!) ...probably will be a pre recorded 5 min Q& A as opposed to going out live ?

Back
Top Bottom