EFL R.I.P Bury

I think he is the sole person of the original Bury FC that does anything now. Probably just jumped on the website editor and started typing.

there are no staff employed by Bury FC any more, only the shambles of an owner.
There is one ex member of staff still working though - the groundsman/stadium manager although no longer paid/employed is maintaining the pitch/stadium as best he can in his own time (and I believe out of his own pocket) - he apparently has that much pride in what he did, and so much love for Bury he can't bear to see it go to ruin.

there are no staff employed by Bury FC any more, only the shambles of an owner.
There is one ex member of staff still working though - the groundsman/stadium manager although no longer paid/employed is maintaining the pitch/stadium as best he can in his own time (and I believe out of his own pocket) - he apparently has that much pride in what he did, and so much love for Bury he can't bear to see it go to ruin.
good on him

Yes, totally agree Pete.

I thought the iPlayer film was quite emotional & I really hope they manage to get their Phoenix club up & running - look how AFC Wimbledon did it?

Where will they start.
I think I read somewhere yesterday that bury (old one) would start (hopefully 22/23 season in either national league north or the northern premier league but bury afc ( the new one ) has started in the 10th tier because they are a new team

• React
Reactions: Ian
The old Bury haven’t played competitively in about 3 years, bit of a kick in the teeth to teams that have earned a place in the non league pyramid to allow them to start back up anywhere above the bottom level.

The old Bury haven’t played competitively in about 3 years, bit of a kick in the teeth to teams that have earned a place in the non league pyramid to allow them to start back up anywhere above the bottom level.
It depends. Very often teams finishing in promotion places don’t get promoted because of facilities, particularly at that level. The requirements to step up becomes quite large and quite costly.
Going from Step 9 (essentially played on the local rec) to Step 6 (National league North/South) would need to meet a lot of requirements. But theoretically could be achieved in just a few promotions.

It depends. Very often teams finishing in promotion places don’t get promoted because of facilities, particularly at that level. The requirements to step up becomes quite large and quite costly.
Going from Step 9 (essentially played on the local rec) to Step 6 (National league North/South) would need to meet a lot of requirements. But theoretically could be achieved in just a few promotions.
Also a lot of teams have not been promoted for the past two years because of COVID cutting seasons short despite them being well clear atethe top, so to miss out again in favour of a team parachuted back in after three years off would not be popular

Back
Top Bottom