Questions re: attending Oxford United Women matches

Cx

I'd like to start a discussion about Oxford United Women. Specifically, attending their matches.

- If you have an interest in women's football, but do not attend games, why not?

- If you used to attend games but stopped, why?

- If you haven't attended previously, but intend to next season, what influenced your decision?

- What could the club do to encourage you to attend?

Feel free to share any other thoughts you may have about the women's team and/or attending their matches.

Full disclosure: this hasn't been requested by management, but will be forwarded onto Liam Gilbert, the first-team manager, so try to be as constructive and detailed as possible. Thank you.

I'm due to have a baby daughter in September/October, so I'm definitely wanting to keep more of an eye on the team's progress.

I don't even get to make men's matches much as I'm based in London and work most weekends, but I wanted to put on record that it would be good to get some video highlights on the website. We seem to have no issue getting footage from most U23/U18 matches for interviews on the site, it would be great to give the women's team some extra visibility too.

There's sometimes a push from the media team if we're not playing a weekend game but the women are, to attend that. But there's not much attention focussed on them, or how well they're doing, cup competitions, etc.

• React
Reactions: Cx
First team ,OUWFC, play their home games ( based on last season) at Court Place Farm

I've walked down ( 5 mins from me) and watched them a couple of times

there's a few regular posters on here who can probably give more of an insight to OUWFC and all
things related, who should be helpful on the subject

I'm due to have a baby daughter in September/October, so I'm definitely wanting to keep more of an eye on the team's progress.

I don't even get to make men's matches much as I'm based in London and work most weekends, but I wanted to put on record that it would be good to get some video highlights on the website. We seem to have no issue getting footage from most U23/U18 matches for interviews on the site, it would be great to give the women's team some extra visibility too.

There's sometimes a push from the media team if we're not playing a weekend game but the women are, to attend that. But there's not much attention focussed on them, or how well they're doing, cup competitions, etc.

First of all, many congratulations.

I don't want to be leading or influence answers so will simply say thanks, and that your comments will be passed on. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Said before but for me it is purely the awful pitch at Court Place Farm. Makes it unwatchable for me personally and I won't go to men or women's games as a result.

I say this as somebody who used to watch Oxford ladies a bit when playing at Abingdon Utd.

• React
Reactions: Cx
I'd like to start a discussion about Oxford United Women. Specifically, attending their matches.

- If you have an interest in women's football, but do not attend games, why not?

- If you used to attend games but stopped, why?

- If you haven't attended previously, but intend to next season, what influenced your decision?

- What could the club do to encourage you to attend?

Feel free to share any other thoughts you may have about the women's team and/or attending their matches.

Full disclosure: this hasn't been requested by management, but will be forwarded onto Liam Gilbert, the first-team manager, so try to be as constructive and detailed as possible. Thank you.
I've been a number of times and enjoy it. Sunday afternoons aren't generally the best time.

Back
Top Bottom