League Cup Quarter final draw

Firstly, it's Manchester bloody City, one of the top sides in Europe, surely this is the stuff of dreams? A few years ago we were playing Tonbridge Angels in the FA Trophy, and were not even in this competition.
That's very true.

Three cheers for Wilder for getting us back eh?

The point I was trying to make, albeit badly, is that they credit ‘City fans’ with a memory, but Oxford United fans of the same age and era are not mentioned. Why is it that only ‘City fans’ that can remember?

We have certainly done that in years gone past so I think it very reasonable. I'm a season ticket holder and will pay EXTRA to see this game so why not the sponsors. I am not complaining and nor should they. Also for the advertising hoardings in stadium. (Assuming we get some of that income).
Your season ticket is for 22/23 league games. Sponsorship is for the whole season. It would be nice to see extra revenue from the big games, but it won't happen!

I also think the OUFC fan base is very savvy and were thinking an away draw would be good for the revenue and January transfer coffers. However there must be some television monies if only for highlights and another sell out will be a real windfall regardless.

the biggest disappointment for me and my daughter is we played them last year! Probably get them in the FA cup aswell now ?
Just glad I’ve got my Hayes tickets tbh

Would imagine that us v City and Man Utd v Colchester will be the 2 tv games. The others are fairly bog standard PL affairs!

I don’t think that being a ‘bog standard PL affair’ will rule out the other games being shown. Just look at the games they chose this week. The Liverpool game is likely to be rescheduled, so that removes one option for 17th/18th.

Compared to last season Fosu is a massive plus for us in terms of ball retention. He obviously will be up against far better players but he is direct and has that ability to carry the ball into threatening areas. Gorrin is another huge plus, we had no one like him last time out. Henry is playing at a different level to last season. City aren’t the biggest side so Moore and Dickie could be threats if we can force enough dead ball situations.

We never had a goal poacher like Taylor and with chances bound to be at a premium someone like him could just take that half chance. There are positives to hang on to.

Also let’s not forget West Ham had pretty much there 1st team out in the end when we beat them 4-0 this season so why can’t we beat city reserve team after all we’re OUFC we’re playing at home and there ent no better team on the planet than us

COYY
West Ham's 2nd team were shite, Man City's 2nd string would hold their own in the Premier League. But I agree we're Oxford United, we're playing unbelievable footy at the mo. and this time we have Easty in goal. COYYs

For them it's in the middle of a run of league games against Man U, Arsenal and Leicester. Plus a CL game the week before. There's a chance they put out a beatable team for us.

Lets hope they continue getting central defenders injured.

People coming to the game for the first time will maybe walk past 2 or 3 people selling half and half scarves, but may not get round to the club shop or know that you can go in the quadrangle bar. We need to have a greater presence with selling OUR merchandise to give these fans the option.

100%, club should have some pop up stalls set up, they should also have a pop up stall in town leading up to Christmas

Would imagine that us v City and Man Utd v Colchester will be the 2 tv games. The others are fairly bog standard PL affairs!

When have games being standard bog standard PL affairs stopped TV companies selecting them?

• React
Reactions: MJB
Man City play on the Sunday before the game so would anticipate this will be played on the Wednesday rather than Tuesday night. As do Man Utd.
With Liverpool game likely to be on at another time I’d guess that Everton Leicester will be the Tuesday TV game and they’d pick us as the lower league side at home for the Wednesday TV game.

Sod that tell them it is on Tuesday.

No split gate receipts or prize money in the EFL Cup until the semi finals now.
I am aware that there isn’t prize money until the Semi finals but I’m not sure you’re correct on splitting the gate receipts.

20191031_111959.jpg

We are significantly stronger than last year.

Eastwood is a massive step up, as is Ruffels. Long is playing better every week, and either of our CB pairings are in better form than Dickie and Nelson were last time. Gorrin ahead of Hanson is a no brainer, and Brannagan (if fit) is a different player. Fosu over an unfit Holmes and Taylor (or Mackie) over Obika is like having 2 extra players. The only weakness would be Gavin Whyte for Hall/Sykes and Baptiste isn't quiet where he was for Man City in recent weeks.

Hopefully our security staff will tell them to get stuffed when the precious darlings want fort knox creating for their entry and exit.

Back
Top Bottom