Local News Quality journalism?

Oldman159

An amusing clip from today’s Oxmail:

“The 18-year-old from Lincolnshire was at the Kassam Stadium with 6,758 other fans on the day – but appeared in the dock alone at Oxford Magistrates' Court yesterday.”

I guess the court would have a tad overcrowded anyway. ??

The Oxford Mail is an absolute shower of shite! What was that headline even trying to say?

Quality journalism and The Oxford Mail don't belong in the same sentence.

Poor journalism, especially online outlets are I suspect written by aggregator bots. Here's an extract from Football League World yesterday discussing the winners and losers in the squad from signing Thorne

Loser Mark Sykes :

The Northern Irishman could well see his game time limited even further by the presence of Thorne, with the 22-year-old having already fallen behind in the pecking order due to the loan signing of Nathan Holland from West Ham.

Thorne will have no doubt been guaranteed a regular starting spot as part of the negotiations for the deal that has taken him to Oxfordshire, thus putting the midfielder’s starting spot at risk.

Yeah, Im sure he has been "guaranteed a starting spot" - no doubt - even when injured/not match fit! I mean it is clear we signed him for next year and he knows he has to fight for his place #fakenews

Last edited:
Poor journalism, especially online outlets are I suspect written by aggregator bots. Here's an extract from Football League World yesterday discussing the winners and losers in the squad from signing Thorne

Loser Mark Sykes :

The Northern Irishman could well see his game time limited even further by the presence of Thorne, with the 22-year-old having already fallen behind in the pecking order due to the loan signing of Nathan Holland from West Ham.

Thorne will have no doubt been guaranteed a regular starting spot as part of the negotiations for the deal that has taken him to Oxfordshire, thus putting the midfielder’s starting spot at risk.

Yeah, Im sure he has been "guaranteed a starting spot" - no doubt - even when injured/not match fit! I mean it is clear we signed him for next year and he knows he has to fight for his place
"No doubt" implies fact when actually, this is speculation and almost certainly false. Sykes and Thorne dont even play the same position. Poor.

Back
Top Bottom