Pyro thrown from North stand against Wycombe

Can you still buy bangers, just imagine what the snowflakes would think about them.
I think they're actually illegal to use and even purchase in the UK, even outside of a football ground!

Pyrotechnics are used every weekend by different fanbases up and down the country. That's every weekend for many years now, there hasn't been a fine and certainly will never be anything more than that.
I did say *might* and didn't even mention points deductions. But why would a 'supporter' risk even a fine for their club by doing this? It didn't 'improve the atmosphere' - it just looked a bit sad. And why would you risk being banned from being allowed to watch the club you follow?

And your point is what exactly ?
Doing 75, in a 70 is actually within the tolerances accepted by many police forces and would not attract a fine or penalty, unless driving erratically.
Throwing a Pyro at a football match has no such tolerance, except, apparently,from people like you .

if you actually sit in the lower south, as your name suggests, what do you care about (probably) legally purchased smoke bombs? Surprised you silent, lethargic lot even know what day of the week it is, let alone what the real fans are doing in the proper areas of the stadium.

if you actually sit in the lower south, as your name suggests, what do you care about (probably) legally purchased smoke bombs? Surprised you silent, lethargic lot even know what day of the week it is, let alone what the real fans are doing in the proper areas of the stadium.
Ooh, real fans! Do you have scarves tied round your wrists?

Pyro should add to the occasion aka a huge game like Swindon, Reading or a big cup game. Bit strange someone let one off v Wycombe at home mid-December but it’s hardly the end of the world.

I do sit in SSL.
I also sit or stand in EVERY away game end, including all cup matches (illness excepting).
Sorry if that makes me an artificial fan.
I also believe in live & let live, but not on this point .
Cheers.

I don’t understand why someone would risk jail time for using one. An Ox fan got a few months inside not so long ago just for having one on his possession, really not worth the risk for a puddly bit of smoke.

I did say *might* and didn't even mention points deductions. But why would a 'supporter' risk even a fine for their club by doing this? It didn't 'improve the atmosphere' - it just looked a bit sad. And why would you risk being banned from being allowed to watch the club you follow?
I agree, it's not worth the risk, especially when it looks like we're on the up!

It’s still illegal a ban a fine and or prison.....is it worth it

Pyrotechnics are used every weekend by different fanbases up and down the country. That's every weekend for many years now, there hasn't been a fine and certainly will never be anything more than that. Likewise with racism or pitch invasions, clubs themselves won't be deducted points because it's virtually impossible to stop an individual who's chosen to partake in something illegal inside the football ground, whether that be racism, pyro, pitch invading etc.
The individual will be rightly targeted by the club and authorities and punished for their actions with a prison sentence and/or football ban.
The club will not be deducted points, ever. It's absolutely insane to even comprehend. So we need to put that tosh to bed otherwise I'll be popping down the county ground to get them points deducted!!

Prison sentence? The world has gone totally mad.

It's not about the madness of the world or anything else, the penalties are known by everyone and anyone doing it faces the appropriate action.
I personally don't have a problem with pyro as long as it doesn't endanger people. The stuff used in Britain is absolutely horrendous though, I think they get it from a warehouse selling old products from the Somme.

I think so too, it's an extremely heavy punishment but it's happened before to OUFC fans and other clubs. It's the reality of the situation in the UK.

In countries like Germany the fans are rarely picked out individually, the club will face a flag/banners ban for their next away game and receives a fine. However with fans on the board they are usually happy to pay once or twice a season.

I think so too, it's an extremely heavy punishment but it's happened before to OUFC fans and other clubs. It's the reality of the situation in the UK.

In countries like Germany the fans are rarely picked out individually, the club will face a flag/banners ban for their next away game and receives a fine. However with fans on the board they are usually happy to pay once or twice a season.
Looks to me like nearly every week in Europe with the whole end basically lighting them and nothing seems to get said ,I do wonder why there appears to be such a vast difference in tolerance compared to the UK

Back
Top Bottom