Pubs at Rovers

Foley

Any ideas on the best pubs for away supporters at Rovers?

Gas away
PUBS FOR AWAY FANS

There is a bar behind the clubhouse terrace at the ground that allows in away supporters. Not far from the Memorial Stadium on Gloucester Road is the Wellington. This pub which is owned by Bath Ales, serves food too and normally has a mix of home and away fans on matchdays. Also on Gloucester Road is a recently opened micropub called the Drapers Arms. Rhys Gwynllyw a visiting Wrexham supporter recommends the Annexe Inn on Seymour Road. Located half mile away from the stadium, this pub along with the Drapers Arms are listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. It is close to the County Cricket Ground, going further along the A38 towards Bristol. After passing an Indian Restaurant called Guru, turn left into Nevil Road and then right at the Sportsman Pub into Seymour Road. Other pubs near to the stadium such as the Queen Vic, the Anchor and the Royal Oak, are best avoided by visiting supporters. Please note that alcohol is not made available to away fans inside the stadium.
King Street Brew House
King Street Brew House Logo
The King Street Brew House is a city centre pub & microbrewery located on the cobbled street corner of King Street and Welsh Back waterside. It is handily placed if you are arriving at Bristol Temple Meads railway station or going into the city centre before or after the game. The bar has up to 18 different beers on tap, some of which are produced on site & serves food from lunch time until late. In addition, the pub is family friendly, shows Sky/BT sports & has lots of space inside and out.
Address: King Street Brew House, Welsh Back, Bristol, BS1 4RR
Tel: 01174 058 948. Location Map.

Thanks Sarge.
Have you been to any of them?
i have ... but not when Gas have been at home.... or city*.... king street brewhouse is decent IMO

*king street brewhouse is nearer City 'territory'

Hey just hit up Gloucester road and pub crawl down it I'd say. There's like 15 pubs between the centre and the Mem.

I'm not sure what time I'm meeting people Saturday but potentially will have a few on the Waterfront before heading up Gloucester rd.

The Cat and Wheel is a pretty cheap pint for Bristol. If you're lazy you can roll out of the pubs round Stokes Croft/Bishopston and jump on a bus & get a 3 stop hop to the ground.

Last edited:
Gas away
PUBS FOR AWAY FANS

There is a bar behind the clubhouse terrace at the ground that allows in away supporters. Not far from the Memorial Stadium on Gloucester Road is the Wellington. This pub which is owned by Bath Ales, serves food too and normally has a mix of home and away fans on matchdays. Also on Gloucester Road is a recently opened micropub called the Drapers Arms. Rhys Gwynllyw a visiting Wrexham supporter recommends the Annexe Inn on Seymour Road. Located half mile away from the stadium, this pub along with the Drapers Arms are listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. It is close to the County Cricket Ground, going further along the A38 towards Bristol. After passing an Indian Restaurant called Guru, turn left into Nevil Road and then right at the Sportsman Pub into Seymour Road. Other pubs near to the stadium such as the Queen Vic, the Anchor and the Royal Oak, are best avoided by visiting supporters. Please note that alcohol is not made available to away fans inside the stadium.
King Street Brew House
King Street Brew House Logo
The King Street Brew House is a city centre pub & microbrewery located on the cobbled street corner of King Street and Welsh Back waterside. It is handily placed if you are arriving at Bristol Temple Meads railway station or going into the city centre before or after the game. The bar has up to 18 different beers on tap, some of which are produced on site & serves food from lunch time until late. In addition, the pub is family friendly, shows Sky/BT sports & has lots of space inside and out.
Address: King Street Brew House, Welsh Back, Bristol, BS1 4RR
Tel: 01174 058 948. Location Map.
If I recall , from last visit , The Queen Vic is now closed.The bar across the road from The Queen Vic did good food (Can not recall the name now) The Wellington was busy and may be the pub to avoided now with The Anchor ?
The Draper Arms is a blast , with great ales and ciders all at the same price whatever the % is! The Royal Oak seemed a OK pub as did The Lazy Dog.
The Sportsman bar , was very busy but again seemed a OK pub.

The Wellington suffered a couple of "incidents" last season (due to the closure of the Queen Vic, I think some of their clientele have moved up to The Wellie). As far as I know, away fans are still allowed in, but it will be heavily policed. Plenty of drinking places on the Gloucester Road, and The Sportsman usually has a good mix of fans. Not sure if away fans will be allowed in our supporters club at the ground for this fixture as it is "Category A".

Have a safe trip, you've got a good signing in Taylor - hopefully he'll forget to bring his scoring boots on Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom