PSF - MK Dons away

Possibly the most uninspiring pre-season friendly possible from a fan’s perspective. Won’t be going.

Nah. It doesn’t interest me enough to travel, but presume it’ll be shown on iFollow, so may watch it on there.

It says there are 3 or 4 more games due to be finalised. Hopefully that includes a few decent home games and maybe a more interesting away game, too.

I actually liked it, but apart from us it was near empty so it felt like a load of Oxford fans on a stadium tour. But it’s a modern day identikit stadium, a well built one, but still a bit soulless (especially so given the location).

I actually liked it, but apart from us it was near empty so it felt like a load of Oxford fans on a stadium tour. But it’s a modern day identikit stadium, a well built one, but still a bit soulless (especially so given the location).
No surprise their stadium is soul-less...after all that there franchise has no soul :confused::confused::confused:

I read somewhere MK Dons, in hindsight, feel they should of followed the Fleetwood model.
But...they chose not to...instead a concrete blight in the home counties in effect stole a club from elsewhere, without bothering to grow organically and build from the grass roots of football... Winkleman is nothing better than a low rent version of Murdoch...as in thinks he can buy whatever he likes...... Shame on the Football Association for allowing MK Dons to even exist!

Headington United fc began in 1893, became Oxford United in 1961/62 season, were finally elected to the football league in 1962..... rose to the top division in the mid 80s, dropped out the FL trapdoor in 2006, returned to the football league in 2010, and won a few cups , leagues and promotions over the years... thats history and also paying your dues.

MKDons Winkleman builds/ buys a stadium and purchases then parachutes in a club established elsewhere.... that's not history, that's bullshit

But...they chose not to...instead a concrete blight in the home counties in effect stole a club from elsewhere, without bothering to grow organically and build from the grass roots of football... Winkleman is nothing better than a low rent version of Murdoch...as in thinks he can buy whatever he likes...... Shame on the Football Association for allowing MK Dons to even exist!

Headington United fc began in 1893, became Oxford United in 1961/62 season, were finally elected to the football league in 1962..... rose to the top division in the mid 80s, dropped out the FL trapdoor in 2006, returned to the football league in 2010, and won a few cups , leagues and promotions over the years... thats history and also paying your dues.

MKDons Winkleman builds/ buys a stadium and purchases then parachutes in a club established elsewhere.... that's not history, that's bullshit
I agree 100% Sarge.

Though I meet Winkleman last season, with his son, (head of recruitment!) they were the really nice people, treated all of OUFC staff with respect. I was impressed. This doesnt always happen.

I agree 100% Sarge.

Though I meet Winkleman last season, with his son, (head of recruitment!) they were the really nice people, treated all of OUFC staff with respect. I was impressed. This doesnt always happen.

Grovelling n brown nosing years after the theft doesn't make things right though:sneaky:

Of course what happened with Wimbledon/MKDons should not have been allowed to go ahead but AFC Wimbledon aren’t as perfect as they would have you believe.

Is it right that they should move into another clubs (Kingstonian FC) stadium, buy it and then effectively kick them out by selling it to Chelsea...... remember the reaction on here when London Welsh tried to buy the Kassam from under OUFC, they were considered as the enemy and a number of people took great delight in them going under.

They also come across as quite childish with their conduct regarding not using the name of MK Dons on the match day programme etc.

The pathetic allocation of seats to away fans also restricts the ability of many opposition supporters to be able to attend. I get that they have a small ground but to choose to only allocate that small amount is a disgrace.

Of course what happened with Wimbledon/MKDons should not have been allowed to go ahead but AFC Wimbledon aren’t as perfect as they would have you believe.

Is it right that they should move into another clubs (Kingstonian FC) stadium, buy it and then effectively kick them out by selling it to Chelsea...... remember the reaction on here when London Welsh tried to buy the Kassam from under OUFC, they were considered as the enemy and a number of people took great delight in them going under.

They also come across as quite childish with their conduct regarding not using the name of MK Dons on the match day programme etc.

The pathetic allocation of seats to away fans also restricts the ability of many opposition supporters to be able to attend. I get that they have a small ground but to choose to only allocate that small amount is a disgrace.
Agree with the first 3 paragraphs but you will only ever get a proxy away allocation in that ground due to a capacity of less than 5k. Maybe had they supported their team better 17 or so years ago they could’ve stayed in London in the first place.

I agree with you, don’t like either club, one is a soulless club that stole a place in the football league and the other is a bunch of over privileged trainspotters with a chip on their shoulder who can’t let go of the past. Wouldn’t care if they both disappeared and were replaced by less entitled fans.

I agree with you, don’t like either club, one is a soulless club that stole a place in the football league and the other is a bunch of over privileged trainspotters with a chip on their shoulder who can’t let go of the past. Wouldn’t care if they both disappeared and were replaced by less entitled fans.

I feel like we should put them in a league by themselves, where they play each other week in week out and they'll soon get tired of it and merge to form Wycombe Dons Athletic or some other made up franchise.

Back
Top Bottom