PS5

It's very highly rated but I wont know if it is overrated until I feel it myself.

Adaptive triggers and haptic feedback apparently making you feel rain drops, driving through different surfaces and pulling different strength items.

Opens options like feeling guns jamming or tyres slipping. It remains to be seen whether it is more immersive than a steering wheel on GT7... I will need a 4k 120hz TV when that arrives.
Can't get away from the thoughts of gimmick I'm afraid but need to see how any features are implemented. Of course haptic feedback in controllers isn't new anyway, Switch already has haptic control.

It sounds like marketing blurb at the moment.

I'm a PlayStation guy. Always have and always will be. However I am picking up an Xbox Series S on Tuesday. Got a discount on the console and will also get GamePass free for the next 3-5 years so it's a no brainer. Especially seeing how Xbox now own Bethesda and EA Play is integrated with them.

I'll be picking up the PS5 next year though and that will be my main console. Will be waiting until Black Friday to replace my 2014 4K 3D TV with a 2020 4K UHD HDR10+ TV. Perfect for Next gen gaming.

I haven't played the switch but anything Nintendo do is gimmicky... will see how Sony implement it.

I bought the Switch a couple months after launch. Put 100 hours into MK8D and haven't touched it since.

100 house in No Man's Sky or Skyrim, yeah I can see that, but Mario Kart? Blimey...

Do we know if the PS5 will support Dolby Atmos for media playback (not games)?

Can't decide between a Samsung TV with HDR10+ or a Phillips TV with HDR10+ and Dolby Atmos..

I don't know and wouldn't be buying a TV until they have been tested on the PS5 but take a look at the following You Tube channel for some help choosing.

Interesting reading these posts. I'm 46 and have a 2.5 yearold son. I grew up with Nintendo, and find PS to have stunning graphics, but so much investment of time is needed.

I've a switch, and love it. Haven't played it much, but it fulfils the 'fun' element of gaming for me. And when he's older, he'll be on a switch playing Mario games etc.

However, I am super curious about the PS5. For me, red dead redemption 2 was just about as good as it gets on the ps4.

Playing Watchdogs at the moment and am loving going around the city in which I live. I hope things advance enough in the near future so that whole cities can be accurately and properly mapped. GTA London/Oxfordshire etc would be great.

Playing Watchdogs at the moment and am loving going around the city in which I live. I hope things advance enough in the near future so that whole cities can be accurately and properly mapped. GTA London/Oxfordshire etc would be great.
GTA round the Leys!!

I think it will be one of those things that you have to try. It certainly won't be 'game changing' though. Simulating triggers in shooters is the low hanging stuff, I'd rather see some imaginative uses of the tech before declaring it a success or not. (but then I don't play FPS that often)

What does come to mind, however, is this... When will the bloody press run their first story about kids suffering from vibration White Finger from playing COD... You know it will happen... 😁

Glad I didn't buy my PSN sub yesterday because today they went to 25% off today! Naughty.

The controller really is something different... you can tell when you're walking on ice, when there are raindrops and shooting different guns etc etc so time will tell if the game developers will make more use of this...

I have been enjoying playing Sackboy with my 7 year old and he's just trying to catch me up on Astrobot. Good to get back on GT with my first play of GT Sport.
COD is cod... I haven't played it since PS3 but it feels and sounds really good (as I'm sure it does on every other console).

Managed to secure a PS5 yesterday from GAME. Arrives December 10th. Got the Miles Morales bundle and I think the game is set at Christmas so perfect time to play it.

Does anyone from the Oxford area want a Currys VIP PS5 Code? It's only eligible until the 17th. Whilst stock last. The code allows you to go in store, order a PS5 bundle and they deliver it to the store in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom