Premier League Cup

Bit of a tough outing for the youngsters judging by the feed..hopefully some learning in there

I suppose it will show the club the levels that the U23 set-up need to try and attain going forward.

Interesting that Dean Whitehead manages the Huddersfield team. Maybe there’s one or two that we could take on loan come January..?

Interesting that Dean Whitehead manages the Huddersfield team. Maybe there’s one or two that we could take on loan come January..?
Even more interesting that the manager who signed Jack Payne for Lincoln is now the Huddersfield manager.

Finally, as a lifelong supporter of the Manormen who used to follow them all over the country, although this was an easy visit for me now that I am exiled in West Yorks, I must pay homage to the many supporters who had made the long trip here to support their team in a very minor, and ultimately meaningless, competition. Surely no other team in the country can claim such devotion.

I suppose the big question is how many of that team could realistically make it to the L1 first team squad? Elechi certainly but in a couple of years time. James and McCreadie just maybe. Bercoe but not at CB. The rest are probably destined for the Conference.
Well not now but even a few months ago Leeds were after Lopes who people seem to think has potential.
It sounds like Huddersfield out out an older side than us.

Was at the game, an easy trip down the A62 for me. Fair to say we were overwhelmed in the first half, conceding two really poor goals, the first an unhurried placed shot from outside the box, the second an unmarked header from beyond the far post. We were lightweight and slow compared to Huddersfield. The reality is that Huddersfield have their junior set-up established for years and it shows; ours is in its infancy after our benefactor Mr Kassam pulled the plug some years ago. I enjoyed the chance to see younger players I had only heard about. I could see the potential in Bercoe, despite him being played at centre-back and thought Elechi did well in difficult circumstances; the pitch was slippery, and too many short passes went astray. Enjoyed the night, not the result.

To put that in perspective, it turns out that the Huddersfield keeper and both CBs were over-age players from their first team squad. No wonder Lopes and Lofthouse didn't get a sniff.
Yes exactly.
Men against boys was mentioned and bot far off.
It was said before the game that Huddersfield had a strong and far more experienced team than Oxford who had no over age players.

Back
Top Bottom