General Premflix

The premier league as it is will come to an end soon, but unfortunately that could be very bad for us and clubs like us. No solidarity payments, no tv money and perhaps no interest from our foreign owners.

Be the smaller clubs who die, the big ones will be fine, we may all look back on the sky days as ok once Europe’s rich clubs stream their own games and share nothing.

If the “big 6” really do sod off, what happens to the rump of the PL with only 14 teams in it? Maybe a reshuffle with 6 teams moving up from each league below?

If the “big 6” really do sod off, what happens to the rump of the PL with only 14 teams in it? Maybe a reshuffle with 6 teams moving up from each league below?
I'd think the remnants of PL will find their tv £ dries up considerably, as the tv companies follow the euro super league, and the remaining PL clubs no longer wield the 'power' (over the FA) as they currently appear to ?

I'd think the remnants of PL will find their tv £ dries up considerably, as the tv companies follow the euro super league, and the remaining PL clubs no longer wield the 'power' (over the FA) as they currently appear to ?

But is 14 even a viable league? [emoji2371]

Without the big six and qualifying for Europe you might as well just return to divisions one to four, not going to be big tv money without the big boys. Personally would love it if I didn’t have to explain to non football fans what league we were in, just use names that make sense, we are a third division club.

“The smaller clubs are bleeding the game dry. For the sake of the game, they should be put to sleep”
- Martin Edwards, Chairman of Manchester United, 1981

The lurch towards more money has been going on for years. I hope that the European Super League comes along soon as it may just allow football and it’s clubs to become the community assets they were always supposed to be.

We can then let the ‘bigger’ clubs go off and play their WWE style, glitzed up sports entertainment elsewhere.

They will alienate themselves from their fans looking for money. How many fans of the top six will give a toss if they are playing PSG, Bayern Munich or Barca? But a Man Utd vs Liverpool would be a sell out. How many of their British fans will be able to travel week in week out to Europe? This is another attempt by the TV money men and greedy club men to generate another pay day on the back of fans.

Man U would still be playing Liverpool, they will just replace playing Bournemouth, Watford and Burnley with Juventus, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, bit of a no brainer.

In the age of streaming a European super league makes more sense, the big clubs can sell their own games, they barely need some governing organisations telling them what to do, UEFA hitting Man City was a late attempt to try and keep some power, it’s going to happen though.

Back
Top Bottom