League One Predictions

jfp

This is the first of the season predictions that I have seen.
Gabriel Sutton is generally very knowledgeable with the EFL and writes with genuine intelligence.

This is the first of the season predictions that I have seen.
Gabriel Sutton is generally very knowledgeable with the EFL and writes with genuine intelligence.
Wow some bold predictions there! Quite a fair write-up about us. I think MK will be up there but I'm surprised he went for them and Wycombe for the autos.

For me top two Ipswich Lincoln with Rotherham winning play off Wycombe to get relegated us to lose play off final

Don’t worry my predictions never happen

We'll go up hopefully via the autos this season.... if it's via the playoffs it'll be 3rd time lucky

Just listened to the Not the top 20 podcast. (find it from your usual podcast providers, as they say in the adverts). Good listen about 75 mins long. Ali Maxwell and George Elek again very knowledgeable, they have us finishing 9th. Although recorded before Holland Whyte signings. Rotherham as Champs with Ipswich runners-up

Just listened to the Not the top 20 podcast. (find it from your usual podcast providers, as they say in the adverts). Good listen about 75 mins long. Ali Maxwell and George Elek again very knowledgeable, they have us finishing 9th. Although recorded before Holland Whyte signings. Rotherham as Champs with Ipswich runners-up
Always love the predictions pods from those boys.

Happy they are underestimating us this time round, it's the best mentality for us to be facing up against.

5th for us this season.

Oxford v Sunderland at Wembley and we win a thriller 3-2.

I’d settle for that.
I think Oxford and Charlton will l be looking very strong and rise in the automatics. Ipswich will win the play offs with Portsmouth, Sunderland and Rotherham disappointed

I thought their observations about Rotherham (who they've predicted to win the league, for anyone who hasn't listened yet) were really interesting. Not a club I'd really considered much for this season with the loud noises being made by some others, but the idea of Rotherham basically being a decent Championship side who have kept the whole squad together and will therefore smash League One makes a lot of sense.

It`ll be what it`ll be and decided on the pitch not by some nerd looking for Youtube clicks. :)

We`ll have a better idea by Christmas, its a marathon not a sprint. :ROFLMAO:

I reckon by march next year there'll still be 12+ teams in the playoff chase. A lot of money has been thrown around and, like us, a few teams have also kept 80% of their squad together to have that team cohesion from day 1 too. From a neutral standpoint I reckon L1 will be fascinating this season.

If anyone is going to run away with it I'd guess Ipswich or Rotherham. They're my top 2 prediction, with us*, Sunderland, Charlton and MK Dons filling out the playoff spots (in no particular order). Lincoln and Wigan just missing out, Wycombe and Accrington making up the top 10.

*All dependent on us getting in the defensive cover. A poor signing or god forbid no signing and I reckon we'll miss out on playoffs.

I reckon by march next year there'll still be 12+ teams in the playoff chase. A lot of money has been thrown around and, like us, a few teams have also kept 80% of their squad together to have that team cohesion from day 1 too. From a neutral standpoint I reckon L1 will be fascinating this season.

If anyone is going to run away with it I'd guess Ipswich or Rotherham. They're my top 2 prediction, with us*, Sunderland, Charlton and MK Dons filling out the playoff spots (in no particular order). Lincoln and Wigan just missing out, Wycombe and Accrington making up the top 10.

*All dependent on us getting in the defensive cover. A poor signing or god forbid no signing and I reckon we'll miss out on playoffs.
Personally I don't see MK Dons troubling the playoffs, especially now with having to find a new manager. Yes they signed Eisa and Twine which looks great on paper, but they lost Scott Fraser to Ipswich who for my money was the best midfielder in League One last season. Cameron Jerome has also left and he was very good for them. Still think they'll be a decent mid table side, but I don't rate them as much as some.

“While Karl Robinson deserves some credit for the 64 points from 30 against middling and struggling outfits, therefore, the keep-ball connoisseur must find a stronger defensive formula when it matters, like it did in the Play-Off Semi-Final defeat to Blackpool.”

This fella is a right bloody killjoy.

Not a prediction per se, but found this surprising, seeing as we're not in anyone's top 6 for the league outright.
f8e1dd3400a30e9821ddda3bc679c7ac.jpg

Back
Top Bottom