Predictions for the season

Pre-season has shown very little in the way of a cutting edge going forwards and, at the time of writing, we are woefully short up front. We lack a lot of pace now that Browne and Whyte are no longer in the squad. Fosu hasn’t shown anywhere near enough yet, but hopefully there is more to come from him. Woodburn needs a good season and perhaps he is currently our best hope as it stands.

On a more positive note Cadden looks a step up from Long and especially McMahon. People seem to rate Elliott as a replacement for Nelson, personally, I’ll admit I’ve never heard of him before now, so can’t really say? KR generally does well in the recruitment department, with a couple of notable exceptions.

Midfield appears to be our real strength and in depth too, with plenty of options to choose from. Gorrin looked promising in pre-season and the eventual return of Baptiste will be a further boost in this area.

So many late additions to the squad, including the anticipated very late arrival of a couple of strikers, will probably see a difficult start to the season again. If we can get real quality up front and an injection of pace into the team, then I’d hope we can turn our fortunes around a bit quicker this time, although it’s hard to see much more than a mid table finish again as it stands. 12th.

I’ve got my seasonal bet on.

Prem Liverpool
Champ West Brom
Lge1 Rotherham
Lge 2 Bradford

£10 bet pays out 25k

I think we will finish in a solid 9th.
I got Bindippers 1st or 2nd, WBA, Pompey and Plymouth to finish top 3 £2 stake pays £2900

A less fraught replay of last season. Well into the bottom half early on (but not in the relegation places). Followed by a late surge when we finish 10th

13th.

More competitive league this season, as in the sense that I could make a case for 10/12 teams being in with a shout of promotion.

If we sign a half decent striker then top 10 play offs push easily.

As it stands with lack of pace and goals then 11-15th area comfortable mid table.

I predict I will occasionally post, only when I think of something incredibly funny. But no one else will.

Or to complain about the lack of coverage for the younger sides, and the short notice for their matches. But that might change with Chris Williams' little mate helping out.

Team? Scrape into the playoffs and lose before reaching Wembley. FA Cup 'run' peters out in third round.

I predict the current craze of Loving Karl will rapidly dissipate after three contiguous results of a disappointing nature.

Difficult to say how we are going to do this season as we are not finished in the transfer market. A decent striker and some pace will mean that some of those draws can be turned into wins.
If we get one striker who can do a job then there is every chance of us making the playoffs from a sluggish start.

Agreed BR. Very difficult to predict, but surely we are in a better place than last year. If we sign a couple more decent players no reason we can't be up there in and around the playoffs come May. 3rd - 6th

Where are we going to finish? Tricky 1. With the squad we have at present I think we will hold our own, have quite a boring season never in trouble but also never a threat. Sign a decent striker and get a good loan striker then we could be dark horses.

Think we’ll be a threat from set pieces this season which will help us these first few weeks when we’re still a bit light up top.

Classic mid-season stutter with a bit of a recovery and a 10th placed finish.

This is all assuming we don’t have any cash crisis which sends us into a downward spiral!

Only a fool would predict our season without knowing the full state of the squad once the transfer window has closed.

So here goes....poor start, bottom half of the table after the first half dozen games. Thereafter slowly improving performances and point tally. Mid table by Xmas with a decent finish to the season.

Final position 8th/9th.

Prediction from our hosts tomorrow, they say 15th on Rokerreport.

"As shown in their performances against us last season, Oxford United are a tidy little team that can cause almost any team issues with their attacking prowess."

And from the Telegraph:

Oxford United:
Selling talent such as Curtis Nelson and Gavin Whyte was far from ideal for Oxford, who urgently require firepower up front.

Verdict: Bottom half
Patronising bar stewards!

Back
Top Bottom