Pre season

Reynolds97

Not sure if has been mentioned already, but being told Robinson mentioned about a game abroad somewhere this time rather than Ireland? Does anyone have any more info on this?

it was mentioned when KR did his last 5 minute forum on Radio Oxford. Something along the lines of Ireland didn't work out and the club realise that the fans have a love of a foreign preseason trip so the club were planning something around that.

ROI is abroad, I would prefer some decent behind closed doors games against decent opposition and hopefully the team would get more out that and be fit and ready for a new season.

Preparation for the new season should not be reliant on whether it's a good day out.

ROI is abroad, I would prefer some decent behind closed doors games against decent opposition and hopefully the team would get more out that and be fit and ready for a new season.

Preparation for the new season should not be reliant on whether it's a good day out.

The season following the trip to Austria wasn't too bad.

Poland would be a great choice. I lived there a few years back and watched a few Cracovia games and keep an eye on Polish football.

Gdańsk for a coastal break or Krakow for a city break would be ideal. If fans went over there with the right attitude then then they would have a blast and would be really welcomed.

Cheap beer, accommodation and flights and plenty of interesting stuff to see and do. I think most of the top flight teams over there are Championship / 1st Div standard. I really miss living in Krakow, top place.

doesn't that seem a long time ago now. Robinson was talking about it being handy for new signings to be able to join up with the team and playing couple of games in one day and how later in the season it would be good for their fitness levels. seem to remember thinking at the time that sounded a good idea and couldn't wait for the season to start ?

Poland would be a great choice. I lived there a few years back and watched a few Cracovia games and keep an eye on Polish football.

Gdańsk for a coastal break or Krakow for a city break would be ideal. If fans went over there with the right attitude then then they would have a blast and would be really welcomed.

Cheap beer, accommodation and flights and plenty of interesting stuff to see and do. I think most of the top flight teams over there are Championship / 1st Div standard. I really miss living in Krakow, top place.
I think it would end in tears for some !

Surely Tiger would love to bring his trainset home to Indonesia ?

Wherever prepares us best for the season.

So no trips to the US to play on astroturf pitches, nowhere ridiculously baking hot or freezing cold, somewhere with a decent standard and preferably varied opposition (there's no point in playing the type of games in which Jon Obika looked like Eusebio!), somewhere with decent facilities (gyms, medical facilities, sensible food) etc.

If it is easy, cheap and convenient for the supporters to get there all the better - but it shouldn't be the main concern.

The Scotland trip was good and let's face it, with their different language, currency and strange food one could almost pretend that it was "abroad"

Back
Top Bottom