Pre-season v Leeds United

Protesting too much I’d say.
Nah, when the alternatives grounds I played at were the Cotswold Country Club (a pitch attached to a glorified shed and the worst of the lot by a mile), The San Siro at Romanway (good pitch that) and Chipping Norton Town were generally pretty good for local football. Bladon was still comfortably the best and the Pub was at the bottom of the short road so everything you need for local football.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: MJB
I was spoiled as a player. Romanway on Saturdays and Trinity College on Sunday mornings. Happy days.

I remember when ST holders got into pre-season friendlies free........................... still least Palace and our lot can wave flags & sing the same songs..... :):)

I played at Bladon for 3 seasons and we never had Sheep s**t on the pitch. It was a great pitch as we never had a game called off.
I love opening up a thread for the first time only to find that the conversation is wholly removed from the title or OP

Me too. Anyone else excited about E3? I need more TLoU: P2 information, dammit!

If the summer carries on like this the games will be called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

Will there be a big interest locally from Oxford fans?

Nah, when the alternatives grounds I played at were the Cotswold Country Club (a pitch attached to a glorified shed and the worst of the lot by a mile), The San Siro at Romanway (good pitch that) and Chipping Norton Town were generally pretty good for local football. Bladon was still comfortably the best and the Pub was at the bottom of the short road so everything you need for local football.

Quite a grand title for what it actually was!

Should be a decent attendance for this one. Leeds have plenty of southern based fans. They'll probably be a bigger crowd for this one than vs Palace on the Saturday.

Should be a decent attendance for this one. Leeds have plenty of southern based fans. They'll probably be a bigger crowd for this one than vs Palace on the Saturday.

Leeds are one of the best supported clubs in the country. You can thank Don Revie for that!

They send a 52 seater to every home game from where I live in Warwickshire. Those who started supporting them during their glory days of the 70s have of course now had kids who also support them.

Leeds are one of the best supported clubs in the country. You can thank Don Revie for that!

They send a 52 seater to every home game from where I live in Warwickshire. Those who started supporting them during their glory days of the 70s have of course now had kids who also support them.
Leeds have a coach that picks up at peartree roundabout /(mini) services for home (and most away) games

Back
Top Bottom