Pre-season v Leeds United

Just out of interest, are you someone who joins in with chants or just wants to enjoy a lively atmosphere?

I admit, I move between the two. Sometimes I like to be in the thick of it, occasionally I just like to sit back and get less involved. Either way, I think our support is pretty damn good most of the time. The moaners annoy me, but having spoken on numerous occasions to mates who support other clubs, I don't think this is exclusive to OUFC.

I dread to think how you'd feel if you were a Pompey fan! "One song, they've only got one song......."
IMagine being a Bristol Rovers fan! Good Noight Oirene ...

What a surreal thread this has become. Arguing about who sings the most songs? From a club if I heard right sing Leeds champions of Europe?

More like Leeds never champions of Europe or maybe Leeds runners up in Europe 1975. But then I guess that don’t rhyme.

Blimey if it is just about volume of songs then we could just add Oxford Oxford champions of the premiership. It never happened but hay it’s another song in the bank. Just like the Leeds song it would be embarrassing.

We didn’t sing much on Tuesday granted but that was because it was a pre season game against a used to be successful club.

As already said earlier in this thread, some people moan about the atmosphere at the breeze block but then don’t sing to try and make it better, there’s some fans near me who just about manage a clap when we score let alone let themselves go with a song. Get singing people, get the place rocking.

What a surreal thread this has become. Arguing about who sings the most songs? From a club if I heard right sing Leeds champions of Europe?

More like Leeds never champions of Europe or maybe Leeds runners up in Europe 1975. But then I guess that don’t rhyme.

Blimey if it is just about volume of songs then we could just add Oxford Oxford champions of the premiership. It never happened but hay it’s another song in the bank. Just like the Leeds song it would be embarrassing.

We didn’t sing much on Tuesday granted but that was because it was a pre season game against a used to be successful club.

But then from their point of view they were singing all night even though they were playing and losing a pre season game against a smaller club from a lower division. Maybe it was because they were standing all together in the same part of the ground and we we spread out all over the place?

Got to agree about that “Champions of Europe” song, apart from it being a load of bollox it done my bloody head in?

Apparently Roofe hasn't travelled with the team and Leeds are playing a weaker side. IF this is true then a bit of a P**s take in my opinion. This is part of a transfer deal and the player it was put in place for isn't even there...
Apparently Roofe hasn't travelled with the team and Leeds are playing a weaker side. IF this is true then a bit of a P**s take in my opinion. This is part of a transfer deal and the player it was put in place for isn't even there...

I do agree, a bit of a p**s take, but at least they turned up with some team, whereas last years we cancelled a pre-season friendly all together at Lincoln.

Thought the Leeds fans were great the other night, so what if Champions of Europe is bollox, some of then travelled a long way to see a weakened team but still made it a lot better atmosphere than it could have been.

Thought Leeds, the club, were a bit disrespectful to both OUFC and their own fans by sending the team they did without notifying the club/fans beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom