Matches Pre-Season Fixtures

Osei Yaw. That lad is a goal machine.

Id like to see him given more game time this season, along with Goodrham, and Chambers Parillon.

All three could have breakthrough seasons.

I also think Michael Elechi looks like he has enough to be back up left back, and I liked the look of Ben Watt from the little I've seen. However, Gatlin O'Donker is the one who excites me the most.

I also think Michael Elechi looks like he has enough to be back up left back, and I liked the look of Ben Watt from the little I've seen. However, Gatlin O'Donker is the one who excites me the most.

Agree. Especially with the latter. He needs to be kept away from the vultures eyes, because the moment he steps on the pitch in a league game, them vultures will be circling. Wonderful prospect!

Elechi and Goodrham looking good.

Almost as this was mentioned on here a long time ago.

Let’s hope after Robinson has once again credited himself in giving youth a chance. He finally gives the young lads a chance when it matters and not just a few mins off the bench in the JPT.

Let’s hope after Robinson has once again credited himself in giving youth a chance. He finally gives the young lads a chance when it matters and not just a few mins off the bench in the JPT.
The way our transfer window is working there is a good possibility we will see the youngsters more than ever this season.

No reason why those 2 + LCP & O’Donker don’t play every minute of every JPT game plus every minute of the earlier rounds of the League Cup & FA Cup

After what we saw this evening, if KR is sensible the club has saved a hell of a lot of money with the talent already at the club which could give exciting times ahead. May be not quite ready just yet, but given the right game time those youngsters could hopefully be the future we are looking for on our own doorstep.

I thought that the youngsters looked very promising and not put of place against admittedly a very poor opposition.
Elechi looks very good going forward but a little naive at the back ( he was do e by their wide man a couple of times ). Does KR have him as back up left back?
The others I agree need to play more minutes in the JPT games

In the other PSF last night involving our promising youngsters [also missing key players] beat Biggleswade Town 3-1.

Elechi is great going forward. But defensively? Oh dear.
Comfortable going forward but yes, work to do under pressure at the back. He’s a big lad but got muscled off the ball too often.
Hanson reads the game well and showed his experience, albeit not his biggest test this season, but the rest of the back four didn’t inspire me with much confidence. Goodhram and O’Donkor looked confident and keen to influence the game and a goal and an assist for Osei Yaw showed what he can offer.
This was a good physical test and gave plenty of minutes for a number of the first team squad.

When I first saw Ruffels play at LB [Oxford City PSF] my first impression was not in a million years he could play in that position. I started to think the same when LCP was tried in that role the other day. Could this be a case for another midfielder being converted for the future?

It's a good thing for youngsters to play in different positions aiding their development, we do have to trust in the judgement of our coaches here. Rest assured more defensive work will be done with Elechi.

Last edited:
Agree with the possible potential of Elechi but I thought Watts on the right was quite poor and not ready at all for men's football, KR was on at him a lot in the first half. (I think Forde will
be the back up to Super Sammy) Elechi is tall, quick and strong and has all the attributes needed, if he has some good coaching then I think we could have a player there.
-I thought Josh Johnson looked very good for only 16 years old! Great engine on him! KR was always on at him to get on the ball, I think he could be our Lundstram-type player.
-Hanson looked very calm and solid too (yes I know the opposition was poor!) I think he will be a utility player and used in various positions this season, or used as back up for various players.
-I thought Cooper showed glimpses of what he can do, he needs more fitness but I think he may well surprise some people this season.
-If Stevens stays then we are absolutely well sorted in the GK area, he had a bandage on his knee so that's probably why he only got one half but one top class save at the end.
-Sykes and Henry were total class last night, yes the opposition were absolute pants but their ability on and off the ball and awareness of space were first class. Sykes will become an important player this byes if he carries on like that.
-Matty Taylor is an absolute beast! Great finishes, some subtle sh**housery, he's always there as a focal point of the attack, and he looks fitter and hungrier than ever.

It was a very enjoyable evening for a tenner! Great value!!

The interesting thing for me is H&Y are at the level you'd expect these young lads to be heading out on loan one day - and some of them look way above that level already. I really hope KR has seen this pre season as a golden opportunity to bring through the next young OUFC star, because a fair few of them, in particular Goodrham and O'Donkor, look like they could have a breakout season in L1 within the next year or two. Get them starting in the Pizza trophy alongside some experienced pros like Henry, Mous and Taylor and watch them shine.

Back
Top Bottom