Pre-Match Music ...........

...and by a local band. I really do think we should be embracing our Oxford heritage, musically the city and county has been punching massively above it's weight for decades now. I'd even go as far as trying to get some of the smaller local bands on the matchday playlists. Have the playlists published in the programme, little bits on the local bands as well. There isn't enough pride at what our county achieves, let's celebrate it.

...I get that but the problem I have with Supergrass is that Gaz Coombes is a big Man U fan.

...I get that but the problem I have with Supergrass is that Gaz Coombes is a big Man U fan.
Yeah he is, which is why I nominated Hurricane #1 instead, but I'd accept Supergrass over any foreign (non-Oxfordshire) bands despite Gaz being plastic.

...and by a local band. I really do think we should be embracing our Oxford heritage, musically the city and county has been punching massively above it's weight for decades now. I'd even go as far as trying to get some of the smaller local bands on the matchday playlists. Have the playlists published in the programme, little bits on the local bands as well. There isn't enough pride at what our county achieves, let's celebrate it.

Unfortunately, it is music for football fans, not live music connoisseurs. :)

Needs to be:
  1. Punchy
  2. Loud
  3. Energetic
  4. Easy to sing along with
  5. Relevant to aspects of the club.
  6. Short - 2/3 minutes.
Perkele wins hands down! (y)

Yeah he is, which is why I nominated Hurricane #1 instead, but I'd accept Supergrass over any foreign (non-Oxfordshire) bands despite Gaz being plastic.
99% of the crowd will be stood there wandering what the song is and why are they playing this slow song that nobody knows for the players running out.

Great idea adding smaller local bands to the pre match playlist with a bit in the programme though.

Didn’t Hurricane have a Scottish bloke as singer? I’m not sure you can demand both a local band and OUFC supporters- after all, some of our players probably support other teams. I agree that Alright would be a decent one to play.

99% of the crowd will be stood there wandering what the song is
To be honest, I think you'll have that problem no matter what song you end up playing at first. And does it need to be quick? Do Everton still run out to Z Cars? I'm forever blowing bubbles isn't exactly rousing either.

To be honest, I think you'll have that problem no matter what song you end up playing at first. And does it need to be quick? Do Everton still run out to Z Cars? I'm forever blowing bubbles isn't exactly rousing either.
Say that to 54,000 Hammers at the London Stadium!

It's not always the song or piece of music that is the tipping point. The ability to motivate others to join in, remember lyrics or just clap at the appropriate point of the rendition is far more likely to endear a tune to the masses. Think Liverpool and Walk alone, Bristol Rovers and Irene. Even the simplistic Play up Pompey remains a fan favourite, much to the disgust of opposition fans, of course!

Mrs Lounger suggested, jokingly, "The hills are alive" from the Sound of music but, think about it, 8000 OUFC fans all singing together "the hills are alive with the sound of OXFORD, OXFORD. Corny, yes, catchy, yes, a good idea, ok maybe not but, you get the drift.

Any chance we can get Methven back as a consultant? I'm pretty sure he got Sunderland running out to a bit of Tiesto.

Tuesday night in winter, turn the floodlights off, give the fans yellow and blue glowsticks, set Adagio for Strings to maximum volume. Sorted.

That'll get everyone up for it, no doubt about it.

Any chance we can get Methven back as a consultant? I'm pretty sure he got Sunderland running out to a bit of Tiesto.

Tuesday night in winter, turn the floodlights off, give the fans yellow and blue glowsticks, set Adagio for Strings to maximum volume. Sorted.

That'll get everyone up for it, no doubt about it.
That’s sounds like fun turning the lights off and having yellow/blue glow sticks
We do need to get rid of sweet Caroline I’d rather black eyed peas I gotta feeling

If you want to get the crowd on their feet, perhaps we should play the National Anthem.....

If you want to get the crowd on their feet, perhaps we should play the National Anthem.....
Definitely, now we are talking!! And Radiohead are local. Awesome bassline. And the sound from that Ondes Martenot :love:

Unfortunately, it is music for football fans, not live music connoisseurs. :)

Needs to be:
  1. Punchy
  2. Loud
  3. Energetic
  4. Easy to sing along with
  5. Relevant to aspects of the club.
  6. Short - 2/3 minutes.
Perkele wins hands down! (y)
Give out a few flyers to youngsters trying to up the atmosphere, change a couple of those word's. I.E club for land. Sorted

Back
Top Bottom