Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Spot on.
I am really not sure why he can only right though the middle? He has pace and strength. So to play slightly wide? Taylor pulls out right as did Constable Green and Dean Saunders.
Agyei doesn't look composed enough to me to play as a main striker.
I belive that he won't go above L1 in the future. If he leaves I would guess that he will go down the leagues. Lets see. Does anybody think that he will be a good L1 striker
i firmly believe as i've stated previously that him and Taylor could be lethal....asked to do the odd few minutes here and there we will never find out.

Spot on.
I am really not sure why he can only right though the middle? He has pace and strength. So to play slightly wide? Taylor pulls out right as did Constable Green and Dean Saunders.
I belive that he won't go above L1 in the future. If he leaves I would guess that he will go down the leagues. Lets see. Does anybody think that he will be a good L1 striker?
I reckon he’ll end up at Wrexham. But I hope I’m wrong

Spot on.
I belive that he won't go above L1 in the future. If he leaves I would guess that he will go down the leagues. Lets see. Does anybody think that he will be a good L1 striker?
Constable and Taylor would never be played wide right, and there would rightly be questions asked if they were, and they would probably not perform that well. There’s a big difference between drifting wide, as a forward, and being actually played wide, having to track back etc.

Agyei never seems to know what he’s going to do. It’s like at moments the game just passes him by.

Long post to make a simple point.
Were other people shouting at the screen "just pass it - play the simple ball!!" v Wimbledon?
So many times, particularly in the last 30 minutes, when we did bring the ball out of defence we would lose it or give it away.
I appreciate we have a better view of the pitch on TV/ high up in the South stand compared to a player on the pitch. But I'm not talking about spectacular 60 yard switches of play - just a simple 10 yard pass to someone in space.
It's about decision making on the ball that Karl and others often mention. And maybe it is one of the key differences between a premiership/championship player and a league 1 player. They can quickly see a pass and instantly play it. Whereas often we seem to see a pass, think about it, take another touch, take another couple of strides and then (surprise, surprise) the pass isn't on any more.
The if you're Marcus M you try a 360 degree turn and hope to win a free kick (a la Jack Grealish) or if you're Dan A you're not quite sure what to do.
Not sure if this skill can be coached? Video replays should at least make people aware of it.
Who have we been missing who, I think, can do this ... Cam B!

Very tricky one to decide this month.
I do believe that it has been a great team effort by everyone to go unbeaten and the team has certainly gelled now to play competitively.
We look a completely different side to that at the start of the season.

A few stand out performers for me include:

Jack Stevens, has stood up to the challenge excellently with some great games such as AFC Wimbledon. 4 clean sheets also compared to 0 from Eastwood.

Marcus McGuaine, has molded into a great playmaker. So confident on the ball.

Jordan Obita, gets so many balls in down the left side and has put in a great shift defensively to help out Ruffels when needed.

Sam Long, purely for that goal against Plymouth. What an amazing run and one two with Claire.

The list goes on and on...

Definitely Stevens for me...Atkinson and Moore have also been in good form and are a key part of the clean sheets.

I’ve gone for Sam Long his never say due attitude, for a header he should not have one against Hull getting a bashing as a result, patched up and back in the thick of it, oh and yes that goal.

I’ve gone for Jack Stevens but it was difficult this month with so many players doing well. He has been given his chance and he has grabbed it with both hands.
Pun intended 😊

I voted jack Stevens purely because I think having a confident keeper between the sticks has helped the defence settle

Sam Long for me

Jack Stevens a very close second

Likewise. Sam Long as he has been consistently good and whenever he has had to change position to cover an injury mid game as he has, you'd think he had started the game there.

Jack Stevens is unlucky as he has been excellent but Sam Long clearly edges it for me.

Back
Top Bottom