Current Player POTM December

OUFCwaffle

Very tricky one to decide this month.
I do believe that it has been a great team effort by everyone to go unbeaten and the team has certainly gelled now to play competitively.
We look a completely different side to that at the start of the season.

A few stand out performers for me include:

Jack Stevens, has stood up to the challenge excellently with some great games such as AFC Wimbledon. 4 clean sheets also compared to 0 from Eastwood.

Marcus McGuaine, has molded into a great playmaker. So confident on the ball.

Jordan Obita, gets so many balls in down the left side and has put in a great shift defensively to help out Ruffels when needed.

Sam Long, purely for that goal against Plymouth. What an amazing run and one two with Claire.

The list goes on and on...

Berliner

Definitely Stevens for me...Atkinson and Moore have also been in good form and are a key part of the clean sheets.

bazzer9461

I’ve gone for Sam Long his never say due attitude, for a header he should not have one against Hull getting a bashing as a result, patched up and back in the thick of it, oh and yes that goal.

Johnf

I’ve gone for Jack Stevens but it was difficult this month with so many players doing well. He has been given his chance and he has grabbed it with both hands.
Pun intended 😊

oufc1991

I voted jack Stevens purely because I think having a confident keeper between the sticks has helped the defence settle

Marked Ox

Sam Long for me

Jack Stevens a very close second

Likewise. Sam Long as he has been consistently good and whenever he has had to change position to cover an injury mid game as he has, you'd think he had started the game there.

Jack Stevens is unlucky as he has been excellent but Sam Long clearly edges it for me.

Foley

Sam Long fir me but Jack Stevens a very close second and McGuane third

QR

Jack Stevens - it was all for him to prove himself. He could have been a one game disaster and consigned to OUFC history. But he certainly wasn't.

Yellow There!

Longy for me. Played well at CB and brilliantly at RB, long passes, goals, runs.

Stevens would be a deserving winner, too, though.

ZeroTheHero

I voted for Long, but Stevens was also right up there (if he works on his kicking, he might make it next month!)

tonyw

Sam Long has been outstanding this season, and is a shoe-in for POTY at this stage.

But Jack Stevens - a young keeper who had barely played a game above Conference south level - has come into a team that hadn't kept a clean sheet in the league since February.....and promptly managed four in six games.

Yes, he's been helped out by the defense (and Gorrin) playing great, and yes his kicking has been a little suspect. But in general, his positioning, decision-making, communication and just his confidence - especially for someone with so little experience - has done wonders to shore things up at the back. Plus that double-save against the Wombles was epic.

He deserves this month's award going away.......

Foley

But in general, his positioning, decision-making, communication and just his confidence - especially for someone with so little experience
I do agree Tony that his overall game and confidence has been surprising for a goalkeeper so young ( and 23 is young for a keeper)
Long may it continue.
There have been 3 or 4 young keepers that appear to have been rated in the youth team over the last few years but the club have always backed Stevens. It looks like they have been proved right.

Top Bottom