Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
werthersoriginal said:
But again you give nothing of substance to back up your confident assertion, so it’s understandable that people go off with other theories. I heard they were going to push the stands nearer the pitch and then build a West one

Must be one strong fella to push a stand.

Well, having been up to the stadium today. for what is currently its primary purpose, I can report there is no grass on the pitch. Makes stand pushing a little easier wouldn't you say?

werthersoriginal said:
But again you give nothing of substance to back up your confident assertion, so it’s understandable that people go off with other theories. I heard they were going to push the stands nearer the pitch and then build a West one

Well, having been up to the stadium today. for what is currently its primary purpose, I can report there is no grass on the pitch. Makes stand pushing a little easier wouldn't you say?
QED, it's happening!! At last some hard evidence

'Cos.

If I were looking to buy the Kassam I would start off by making it look like I wasn't desperate. i.e make out I had a better alternative.

Indeed a good bargaining position to be in.

However I feel the streetwise Mr Kassam might well know a thing or two about how such property deals work.

He probably knows we are looking at an ever-narrowing window to sign a new lease or move house..... to a house that isn`t even existent on paper as of yet.

werthersoriginal said:

The new ornate Manor Club is en route.....
1622747549065.png

Interesting to see that, instead of building a new stadium, Portsmouth are going to extend and improve Fratton Park which is a bigger dump than people say the Kassam is. They obviously don't know what they are doing?

Interesting to see that, instead of building a new stadium, Portsmouth are going to extend and improve Fratton Park which is a bigger dump than people say the Kassam is. They obviously don't know what they are doing?
Yes, this post certainly proves that there are those who don't know what they're doing!!

Like we don`t have to buy a site, get planning and fund building a stadium?

Pompey are planning on doing the rebuild over 4 seasons......
Sorry, I missed the point where Oxford United owned the site, agreed planning permission for any changes which would undoubtedly be needed and were able to do this all without funding?

Sorry, I missed the point where Oxford United owned the site, agreed planning permission for any changes which would undoubtedly be needed and were able to do this all without funding?

Didn't Roman Abramovich buy Stamford Bridge off the previous owners when he bought Chelsea? Same as Abu Dahbi bought the commonwealth stadium for City? Maybe Erick's way of making money is to buy the Kassam knock the s**thole down, rebuild in to a nice 25k stadium where it will atract more fans including tourists, get us up to the premier league while he also builds the global brand in the far East. Then when the time is right sell us on to the next billionaire?

I'm not to sure they are here for a land deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom