Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of fresh air?

It’s suicide to move away to a different county to play in front of a few hundred die hards for a couple of years, least if I watched the game on Ifollow it would be a throwback to the Covid years I suppose, because I ain’t going to Milton Keynes.
Yes because if the mrs gets wind of it she’ll want to come along every other week to shop in IKEA

Now that SODC have removed the shackles from building on Grenoble Road, it will be interesting to see what happens with the proposed South Oxford Science Village - I still think it strange that this development was all over the press until Tiger & Co came to town and since then not a peep. IIRC the stadium was a feature in their community infrastructure vision, so it's retention as a sports venue may be more secure than you might think, but Kassam may have more than one party interested in acquiring the freehold......

Expand Court Farm or use land near Pear Tree on build on the Park and Ride at Pear Tree or Oxford Parkway.

Make it a community stadium in conjunction with the council or university.

Now that SODC have removed the shackles from building on Grenoble Road, it will be interesting to see what happens with the proposed South Oxford Science Village - I still think it strange that this development was all over the press until Tiger & Co came to town and since then not a peep. IIRC the stadium was a feature in their community infrastructure vision, so it's retention as a sports venue may be more secure than you might think, but Kassam may have more than one party interested in acquiring the freehold......
Any approach will trigger the Community Asset ruling and OxVox would become aware of that approach.

Personally, I can't see there being any interest from anyone for the stadium as is. It's too old, too outdated in design and lacks all of the refinements of a modern and functional focal point for community use.

Let's face it, it's not a very pleasant experience as a football ground. Yes, we have all been to worse but, is that a reason to put up with second rate?
The board is made up of some very wealthy and ambitious folk who, were it not for Covid, would probably already have put a shovel in the ground to start a new complex.

Expand Court Farm or use land near Pear Tree on build on the Park and Ride at Pear Tree or Oxford Parkway.

The land between Pear Tree and Parkway has been evaluated by OCC and could support the type of complex suitable for this purpose. The green belt restrictions could be eased or put aside if, OCC were to give the nod.

Just drove past AFC Wimbledon’s new ground, absolutely dwarfed by the new flats being built surrounding it, near to zero parking from what I can see, you certainly don’t get much for millions of pounds nowadays when it comes to football grounds. Makes me wonder how viable us moving is.

Just drove past AFC Wimbledon’s new ground, absolutely dwarfed by the new flats being built surrounding it, near to zero parking from what I can see, you certainly don’t get much for millions of pounds nowadays when it comes to football grounds. Makes me wonder how viable us moving is.
One thing that struck me when up at St. James Park for the FA Cup game, underground parking at the stadium but also, very good public transport links. And, that's a huge stadium to fill!

I would worry the University would want to put a running track around the pitch!! 😱

I still think the Kassam is our only realistic choice. Whether its to purchase or to sign a new lease on better terms I don't know. I just can't see us building a new stadium. Would easily cost £20m.

MK? We’d get a couple of thousand folk from Bicester and Bucks. Most wouldn’t bother. Would only work for a few months if we were waiting to move into a nearly completed ground.

One thing that struck me when up at St. James Park for the FA Cup game, underground parking at the stadium but also, very good public transport links. And, that's a huge stadium to fill!
I think we take the free parking at the Kassam for granted. I know it’s a bit of a pain when it’s busy, but where else can you park in Oxford for free? A new ground could quite easily have Pay and Display or worse still, no parking at all.

I still think the Kassam is our only realistic choice. Whether its to purchase or to sign a new lease on better terms I don't know. I just can't see us building a new stadium. Would easily cost £20m.
You can double that figure

Honestly, some of you are so bloody negative!

Kassam is not the only option, and isn't really an option at all. As I've said before, just because every move isn't being broadcast in public, it doesn't mean that nothing is going on. I think some people are going to be very very surprised!

Kassam is not the only option, and isn't really an option at all. As I've said before, just because every move isn't being broadcast in public, it doesn't mean that nothing is going on. I think some people are going to be very very surprised!
Sounds so much like one of my posts!! 🤣

I'm deliberately keeping out of this now, but my position is there for all to see. The negativity is draining and you've only got to Google our board members to realise that they're not in town to tart up the Kassam!

I look forward to the time when we are surprised!

Still waiting for NMW’s announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom