Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that deals from Kassam are unlikely, and we should expect more.

But no one would go to a cold and dirty cinema with 3rd world toilets, no matter how good the film was. Or eat in a dirty restaurant etc. Families and the elderly or vulnerable may be far more reluctant to enter the stadium in the present covid world, and it is vitally important that we do all we can to maximise revenue.

If we can do that by getting the community on board to do some vital maintenance then that has to be a good thing.
Indeed. I keep banging on about it but with 3 vulnerable family members the fact that there isn't even hot water for washing your hands in the toilets is unacceptable in the current climate.

The way I see it...we might have a new ground or we might buy the kasstad...we might carry on as we are ... we might even ground share at some point ....but then we might not any of the above.....this potential new ground is worse than the rumour mill for every transfer window pmsl so unless ec yellow tells me anything ennit time to sit back relax wait and see? Lol and enjoy the ride

Scotchegg, I thought there was going to be an announcement about the new stadium soonish, so are you saying to do these odd jobs to improve the current stadium on a temporary basis or are you now saying that we are now re-considering purchasing the current one? Confused.com!

Scotchegg, I thought there was going to be an announcement about the new stadium soonish, so are you saying to do these odd jobs to improve the current stadium on a temporary basis or are you now saying that we are now re-considering purchasing the current one? Confused.com!

Any announcement on a new stadium would still be 3-5 years away from moving. So yes, I think that we will hear something in the next few months (depending on how much covid has changed things) but we still need to look to the time when we are able to open our doors this season.

Businesses are currently only able to open if they can demonstrate that social distancing is possible and hygiene needs are being met. With a reduced capacity and the possibility of no away fans, we can ensure we operate a one-way-in, one-way-out system, spread fans around and generally meet the first requirement. However, hygiene was frankly gopping before covid came along. The toilets need blitzing and even the seats could do with a regular scrub! This has been the case for years, and I would be amazed if Kassam offered to get it done. So at some point, regardless of any future stadium deal, we need to take control of this. My suggestion was that volunteers and local businesses not only kept the cost down, but also builds links with our communities and businesses, all of which can only be good.

Any announcement on a new stadium would still be 3-5 years away from moving. So yes, I think that we will hear something in the next few months (depending on how much covid has changed things) but we still need to look to the time when we are able to open our doors this season.

Businesses are currently only able to open if they can demonstrate that social distancing is possible and hygiene needs are being met. With a reduced capacity and the possibility of no away fans, we can ensure we operate a one-way-in, one-way-out system, spread fans around and generally meet the first requirement. However, hygiene was frankly gopping before covid came along. The toilets need blitzing and even the seats could do with a regular scrub! This has been the case for years, and I would be amazed if Kassam offered to get it done. So at some point, regardless of any future stadium deal, we need to take control of this. My suggestion was that volunteers and local businesses not only kept the cost down, but also builds links with our communities and businesses, all of which can only be good.

day release work parties from your place of employment a possibility for the ' cleaning contract' @Scotchegg ? ;)

Get of your high horse!! I am sure Ka$$am and his family sunning themselves in Monaco are not going to be reading a poxy internet forum and worrying about daddy being called a c**t. Deep down they all know it anyway.
They don’t need to read an Internet forum, you lemon. They grew up around the abuse their dad got. Rich and powerful people are all about ego. Hence why the guy insists on calling himself the club’s custodian - he knows it pisses the fans off. And yes, they do keep firmly abreast of goings on. I’ve met the guy enough times and spent enough time working in his stadium years ago, around people who know him rather well indeed, to know what drives him and what he does and doesn’t respond to.

So I think I’ll stay firmly on my ‘high horse’ if it’s all the same to you. Let me know if you ever want to hop on the back. Or you can just continue dragging your knuckles and beating your chest thinking that’s the way you deal with people.

They don’t need to read an Internet forum, you lemon. They grew up around the abuse their dad got. Rich and powerful people are all about ego. Hence why the guy insists on calling himself the club’s custodian - he knows it pisses the fans off. And yes, they do keep firmly abreast of goings on. I’ve met the guy enough times and spent enough time working in his stadium years ago, around people who know him rather well indeed, to know what drives him and what he does and doesn’t respond to.

So I think I’ll stay firmly on my ‘high horse’ if it’s all the same to you. Let me know if you ever want to hop on the back. Or you can just continue dragging your knuckles and beating your chest thinking that’s the way you deal with people.
Bravo! I'd love take ride on your high horse. Just let me know when xx

I can endorse the above. FK has displayed his displeasure in many ways, some quite banal others in a more serious manner.
I often joke about the biscuits in the 1893 club but quite seriously, the reason the biscuits have to be sponsored now is becuase FK hiked the price of a cup of tea/coffee to such an extent that the biscuits became too expensive for the club to provide as part of the ticket package.
We don't have to like him but it's far more productive to ignore him and say/do nothing to provoke him. He does hold all the cards when it comes to the stadium. Anything positive was signed away years ago. Which is another reason, if needed, to get out of Grenoble road and leave him to it.

I can endorse the above. FK has displayed his displeasure in many ways, some quite banal others in a more serious manner.
I often joke about the biscuits in the 1893 club but quite seriously, the reason the biscuits have to be sponsored now is becuase FK hiked the price of a cup of tea/coffee to such an extent that the biscuits became too expensive for the club to provide as part of the ticket package.
We don't have to like him but it's far more productive to ignore him and say/do nothing to provoke him. He does hold all the cards when it comes to the stadium. Anything positive was signed away years ago. Which is another reason, if needed, to get out of Grenoble road and leave him to it.
Get off your (high) horse and drink your (sponsored) milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom