Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the golden question is How long can the club’s strategy regarding the stadium issue remain a total secret? Im amazed that absolutely nothing has been leaked anywhere. Not a snippet. Hats off to all involved on that, especially in this day and age!
I suppose that depends on how much progress they've have really made. The more progress made (with all that entails such as detailed plans, planning consent, solicitiors, contact with the council, contacts with builders, stadium designers etc) the more chance of someone, somewhere leaking. So yes, hats off if substantial progress is being made. If the owner and board are still at the 'um er, blimey how much!' stage then I'll keep my chapeau on my head.

I suppose the golden question is How long can the club’s strategy regarding the stadium issue remain a total secret? Im amazed that absolutely nothing has been leaked anywhere.

It is surprising especially when we have so many club officials updating us all on YF.

Nice to know Tiger and Zaki are being kept at arms length whilst our illustrious are working on delivering a new stadium ?️?

I wouldn’t expect to hear anything until plans are fairly advanced, maybe the summer or next season some time

I wouldn’t expect to hear anything until plans are fairly advanced, maybe the summer or next season some time
But that is just a complete guess. Nobody has the slightest idea of any timescales apart from the impending lease re-signing in five years time.

But that is just a complete guess. Nobody has the slightest idea of any timescales apart from the impending lease re-signing in five years time.
Of course it’s a complete guess. But I have the impression that serious work on the stadium has only been going on for a few months

I also am NOT in the least ITK - but I have got the entirely opposite impression: that things have stalled a bit since NMcW made his assurances earlier in the season and now the club is very reluctant to give any idea of what or when they might do anything about the stadium.

Things may well have stalled, hardly surprising. I certainly don’t expect to hear anything in the short term but do believe work is going on. People here can have unrealistic expectations

We. Are. Not. Moving.

Renegotiating the lease is what they are working on........................

The Consultants (Carter Jonas) are not doing anything at present - probably waiting to be paid - but there is only one route now & that is buying the existing Stadium. If we don't then it really shows the limit of our so-called "ambitious" directors and may well be the 'tipping' point for KR.

We. Are. Not. Moving.

Much depends on the terms but again a close eye is needed given the people that effectively will put pen to paper are not going to be around long term and it's a million miles away from a Brand Oxford that Tiger mentioned.
Likewise it would be madness to spend north of what 40 million an some shiny new stadium when there is an existing ground but the crunch of the whole thing is what made them choose little Oxford, if they thought in January that we (more them) were not ready for the Championship then it's hard to see how a continuing lease (new terms) benefits things on field. The difference in access and income to facilities cannot be too big or Uncle Firoz would already be doing it.
IL had a 5 year plan but was gone well before, DE brought a major a major upturn in the playing side but always stated he could not fund the championship and now we have Tiger and his pals who dream of Brand Oxford but have never given the slightest indication of any plan going forward.

I just get the feeling that Tiger and co. like Nick Merry,Ian Lennegan and Darry Eales have come to the conclusion that if FK won’t sell the stadium there is nowhere else to go especially with land around Oxford so expensive.
As Horseman says a new stadium would be north of 40 million and I just don’t see that the owners have that sort of cash to gamble on us getting to the Premiership which is where we would need to be to make the investment realistic.
At the moment we are having to sell to make ends meet,that to me is not a good sign that money is available.
KR had a run in with his previous employers about promises being made and I fear we could be losing him come the summer.
Wouldn’t surprise me if the club is up for sale before the end of the year if a deal can’t be done with FK regarding the purchase of the stadium or a realistic rent agreement.
Anyone else looking to buy us would need very deep pockets

We. Are. Not. Moving.

Not sure how ‘factual’ that information is, but it’s my suspicions too. All things considered, it looks like the new stadium idea has stalled and the silence on developments is deafening. I’d guess we’re still at the Kassam for a few years yet.

The Consultants (Carter Jonas) are not doing anything at present - probably waiting to be paid - but there is only one route now & that is buying the existing Stadium. If we don't then it really shows the limit of our so-called "ambitious" directors and may well be the 'tipping' point for KR.

They can only buy if Kassam is willing to sell. And that doesn't even take into account how you expect the purchase to be repaid.

Here's my slant on it and totally my opinion, the only deal that can be brokered is a new lease (Kassam will not sell, plainly obvious) with caveats, caveats something like the stadium company needs to spend a wedge on a fourth side and basically doing it up, the club needs to maximize revenue so they get the conf / concourse revenue etc...
I would guess the stadium company needs to spend around £10 Mill.

Kassam in return gets a big long lease with addition of some carrot waving written into the lease like after so many years he gets £££'s or hike in the rent or if we hit the promise land £££ Kassam gets a little bonus and as he still owns the stadium. Should the club attract a wealthy individual he is quids in. Oh and no doubt he will get to keep his name on the stad.

All complete pie in the sky stuff I know, but I can see the owners holding out, they are not cash rich and the model shows it. Not disagreeing as if you are losing money under the present situation you do what you have to to try and balance the books which is admirable. At least we have the basics of a good training facilities and a reputation to enhance anybody's career when loaned out from high or talent from below..

We just need that next step up and it all hinges on the stadium as it has always been, devil will always be in the detail. It is time to change the tact with Kassam and start wooing him and the only wooing he likes is the carrot of the £££ and his name in lights..

However you are going to look at it Kassam in my opinion is not going anywhere soon..

Would FK have the inclination to sell the ground if he’s hoping to make a few quid off the land for housing? I’d imagine that our lack (under numerous owners) to either move or buy the current ground makes any potential deal less and less appealing for OUFC

They can only buy if Kassam is willing to sell. And that doesn't even take into account how you expect the purchase to be repaid.
This is where I get confused. Is it definitely a case of FK refusing to sell? I though a price had been agreed of £13M but the sticking point is that the stadium isn’t considered to be worth that?

I’m beginning to wonder if people who are assuming that there’s some huge master plan involving a hoard of billionaires and land deals etc are way off the mark. Listening to Tiger on the 5 min thing, there’s no denying his passion and enthusiasm for owning a football club but just maybe that’s where it all ends. Him and Zaki trying their best with limited funds. We still don’t hear very much from any of the so called mega-wealthy people.

Maybe the strategy is to pick up good young talent and, with a good manager with the enthusiasm to develop them, sell them for a good profit, then plough the money back in and hopefully also get a better lease agreement in place with Firoz.

Then, just maybe, we can have a tip at the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom