Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard a pretty decent rumour from a very reliable source but I’m not going to share as I don’t kiss and tell and there’s a reason these things are kept confidential. Its quite an uplifting rumour though which I heard about 7-8 months ago.
I hope you're right but I would assume there’d be quite significant progress in that timescale. Finger’s crossed though!

Hhmm... some rowing back to there not necessarily being news about the new stadium (or not) by the end of this season. Plus, a wrap on the knuckles for those indicating any progress for a particular way forward and that until anything is officially said, it should be considered “fake news”.

Watching some of the BBC1 coverage today, I couldn’t helping thinking that the crowd and ground looked really impressive and it would look great if we owned it and built a fourth stand...

I genuinely don’t mind the Kassam (lack of pub, stand and crippling rent aside!)

Last edited:
Watching some of the BBC1 coverage today, I couldn’t helping thinking that the crowd and ground looked really impressive and it would look like great if we owned it and built a fourth stand...

I genuinely don’t mind the Kassam (lack of pub, stand and crippling rent aside!)
Quite agree. That fence has got to go though.

Watching some of the BBC1 coverage today, I couldn’t helping thinking that the crowd and ground looked really impressive and it would look like great if we owned it and built a fourth stand...

Funnily enough I was thinking the same yesterday. Which made me wonder, are our owners being a little over ambitious with their plans ( If they are to do with moving to a new stadium)? If what people say about the stadium price being set at around £13M are true, wouldn’t it be better to concentrate on buying the stadium where we are. If money is tight then refurbs can be done gradually, but the feel good factor of finally being a proper football club again, with its own stadium, would be massive. Even a temporary fourth stand would improve things no end. Then focus everything on getting to the Championship and surely we’d be a far more attactive proposition to potential bidders if they then wanted to call it quits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom