Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has got as far as planning meetings but discussions have, and are continuing to be held with relevant parties. And I think that the lack of information coming out actually shows how serious this is being taken.

It's not that long ago that we had Charlie talking up Water Eaton for ever without actually having any formal discussions with the land owner or local authorities. This is massively different with much of the work being done behind the scenes without a word coming out.

Many of those who are commenting (myself included) are accused of being too vague, but that is preferable to breaching confidentialities on something so important to our long term future.

So have the club singled out a site yet and having discussions but no formal planning has been submitted? Or are they still looking at multiple sites?

in @Gary Baldi’s post about the pitch maintenance at the training ground it was mentioned the club have purchased extra land there.

‘The club is also looking to extend the site by installing three more full-size pitches in the next twelve months. "We have already got the land, and the chairman's vision is to put a state of the art pitch in where one of the cricket outfields is’

put some stands round it and turn it into a stadium ?

in @Gary Baldi’s post about the pitch maintenance at the training ground it was mentioned the club have purchased extra land there.

‘The club is also looking to extend the site by installing three more full-size pitches in the next twelve months. "We have already got the land, and the chairman's vision is to put a state of the art pitch in where one of the cricket outfields is’

Will they have a traffic management system for the car parks in place? :ROFLMAO: ;)

Not a bad shout that, ok traffic would be a problem but if BMW let us use there parking spaces aswell as unipart and open the road linking horsparth Road and Watlington Road along with running passenger trains on the line that goes in to BMW it could work. ?

Always thought land on the BMW site would be a good move .The rail line runs through there and if you could combine the BMW parking with the Unipart site parking it might be a realistic prospect.
Who knows what BMW are thinking about the future, no doubt we will know more by the end of the year as far as they are concerned

Always thought land on the BMW site would be a good move .The rail line runs through there and if you could combine the BMW parking with the Unipart site parking it might be a realistic prospect.
Who knows what BMW are thinking about the future, no doubt we will know more by the end of the year as far as they are concerned

Technically doesn't have to be the BMW site, the other side of horspath Road across from the training ground isn't used for much. Would fit a decent stadium and retail complex on there.

It’s the right part of town and more visible and accessible than the current site. No idea if it would be feasible though, it’s a crowded area.

BMW are moving out after Brexit, the new stadium might soften the blow a bit.

Disclaimer: I know nothing*

*about anything

Some people wearing yellow helmets, hi vis vests and carrying big measuring sticks seen at J9 M40 today.
Most of the people in cars heading north on the A41 from J9 are of Asian or Arabic in appearance

It might be something, it might be nothing.....
?

Some people wearing yellow helmets, hi vis vests and carrying big measuring sticks seen at J9 M40 today.
Most of the people in cars heading north on the A41 from J9 are of Asian or Arabic in appearance

It might be something, it might be nothing.....
?

We play in Yellow, too much of a coincidence.

This statement by Zaki came about the day after I looked over the carriageway towards Stratfield Brake twice on my way home from Kidlington.

Clearly they saw me acting furtively and are concerned other developers are trying to muscle in to their preferred option of location for the new stadium.

The surveyors were in the field as you enter Clifton Hampden from notcutts the other day. I text a fellow yellow saying that's where the new stadium is going. Maybe he spread the word lol hence Zaki to tweet before the nimbus get on his back.

I won't go into specifics because they only get shot down by the regulars! However, we are seriously looking at new sites and have both the finances and expertise on this board to make a new stadium the preferred option. The hardest part in making this happen is not only finding the land (and several sites have been considered), but also doing the background legal work to ensure that a stadium and all supplementary services can be built on that land. NMcW stated that we are expecting news on the stadium this season, I was a little more reserved and said that I'd expect news this year. And, I'm confident that the news will be that we have found a site, and the formal planning process will begin having already got approval from the local authorities. Once that happens then things can and will start to happen very quickly, but there will be absolutely nothing from anyone at the club until everything is in place to go public. But there are those who see no news as evidence that nothing is happening, and that is simply untrue. As regard to the Kassam, of course it makes sense to continue to build relationships that benefit the club. We have seen a softening from FK that means that the club have been able to train on the pitch prior to games and sell Singha etc. I have no doubt that we will see further developments too, but that has very little to do with trying to do a long term deal for the Kassam.

Now the timeframe moves!

Can you explain Rotherham’s manager’s comment re; access to the stadium last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom