Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there is very little to say? If they've given up on the new stadium idea (and tbh you'd think if they'd got anywhere down the line on that then something would have leaked from somewhere!) then the only thing they can do is to try to negotiate (from a position of weakness) with Kassam. I can imagine both the club and Kassam managing to keep the wraps on that...

I dont do twitter or facebook.
I am speculating as to why NOW Zaki has raised this issue.
Can you think of any other reason than it is a FK current stadium issue or there are rumours we are not aware of here?
Something has been said recently. On here the only new rumour is the Kassam stadium one.
What do you think Zaki could be concerned about?
I suppose he should of named and shamed, it might of stopped this conjecture.

Nothing can be hidden anymore, we're not back in the 80's anymore. Social media and everything like planning applications being online there is no hiding. They just need to come out and say something to stop the speculation.

Well if your source is proven correct the board may not wish to say anything until a deal is signed with FK as doing so now after all the new ground speculation would open up a whole can of worms which is best deflected with positive news once done.

Well if your source is proven correct the board may not wish to say anything until a deal is signed with FK as doing so now after all the new ground speculation would open up a whole can of worms which is best deflected with positive news once done.

I guess youre right. Hopefully FK is in a good mood when they sign the new lease. Also get someone to go over the lease like a hawk as you can't trust FK.

Because good old Uncle K is the 'guardian of the club' and the milk of human kindness flows through his veins.

Possibly.

Now if I had an asset that was making £0.5m a year I know for sure that I would want something in return if I was giving away the £0.5m

Why would anyone be critical of Kassam for doing this as every single one of us would do the same. Anyone who says they would not is sadly not telling the truth

Now if I had an asset that was making £0.5m a year I know for sure that I would want something in return if I was giving away the £0.5m

Why would anyone be critical of Kassam for doing this as every single one of us would do the same. Anyone who says they would not is sadly not telling the truth
Indeed - I agree. Given that Kassam has not been a financial benefactor to the club (at least in latter years, I guess we can argue about the early 'saving the club' years later!) the idea that he would give up an asset that it is producing that sort of profit with no return rather baffles me. There has to be a quid pro quo (as some old Etonian probably said once) somewhere if this is the type of deal being worked out. Maybe a reduction of the length of the lease, with the club owner/investors committed to building something new in 10 years after we sign up again? Uncle K could then get his hand on the development money for the land?

It isnt that simple I would think.
I assume that the £0.5m includes the Conference Centre?
So isnt our rent under £400k ? There would be costs against that so any profit on the ground could be pretty small.
Also from what we hear, the ground needs a lot of work doing to it to get it back to scratch (if the club were to extend the contract for a further 25 years).

So......... 20 year "leasehold" ownership of the Stadium (not the land) cash up front..... £10 million.

We get 20 years of wondering where the new ground will be.

We move out in 2041 and Kassam`s kids have a nice nest egg in the land bank because the value of it will only go one way.

(y) ;)

So......... 20 year "leasehold" ownership of the Stadium (not the land) cash up front..... £10 million.

We get 20 years of wondering where the new ground will be.

We move out in 2041 and Kassam`s kids have a nice nest egg in the land bank because the value of it will only go one way.

(y) ;)
Anyone want to guess at how many pages this thread will have run to by then..?!

Sorry to sound like a pessimist but my gut feeling is Zaki’s tweet is to dampen everyones’ excitement and speculation. Maybe NM shouldn‘t have said that some sort of announcement would be made before the end of the season, as it‘s led to all sorts of wild speculation on here. Maybe this is the start of the club actively attempting to manage the fans expectations to try and avoid disappointment. I think any announcement regarding the stadium will be a new lease under more favourable terms for the club, maybe for 10 years this time, not 25. But we’ll see, I‘m more than happy to be proved wrong.

My thoughts remain the same, but there are only so many times you can share a view with others demanding proof, which would never happen under commercial sensitivities. I'll respect the view of the club not to fuel ongoing rumours and won't comment further, but my views remain on record and nothing has happened to change them.

There’s been rumours on here for years, so a bit odd that Zaki comes out now referencing rumours, hence why I asked ‘which rumours’ thinking something new has come to light.

I guess we’ve only got a couple of months to wait now!

Last edited:
There’s been rumours on here for years, so a bit odd that Zaki comes out now referencing rumours, hence why I asked ‘which rumours’ thinking something new has come to light.

We Bly a couple of months to wait now!

Yep this has confused me to. He didn't state what rumour wasn't true either, so maybe the rumour that apparently he has heard is in fact true.

Perhaps someone has approached him during the game the other day and asked him about ground rumours?

If going a deal for the Kassam that doesn't involve major development is in the board's plans I will eat my hat.

You would be in esteemed local company. They made him a hat shaped cake and it was very nice!!

My thoughts remain the same, but there are only so many times you can share a view with others demanding proof, which would never happen under commercial sensitivities. I'll respect the view of the club not to fuel ongoing rumours and won't comment further, but my views remain on record and nothing has happened to change them.

Scotchers

To save me trawling through almost 50 pages of speculation what are your current views?
You seem to be fairly accurate when it comes to players joining/leaving so what is your take on the stadium as we enter the next decade.

To be honest in the 20 years we’ve been at this soulless place,most supporters would say it is awful and anything to improve it or move from it would be welcomed I suspect

Scotchers

To save me trawling through almost 50 pages of speculation what are your current views?
You seem to be fairly accurate when it comes to players joining/leaving so what is your take on the stadium as we enter the next decade.

To be honest in the 20 years we’ve been at this soulless place,most supporters would say it is awful and anything to improve it or move from it would be welcomed I suspect

I won't go into specifics because they only get shot down by the regulars! However, we are seriously looking at new sites and have both the finances and expertise on this board to make a new stadium the preferred option. The hardest part in making this happen is not only finding the land (and several sites have been considered), but also doing the background legal work to ensure that a stadium and all supplementary services can be built on that land. NMcW stated that we are expecting news on the stadium this season, I was a little more reserved and said that I'd expect news this year. And, I'm confident that the news will be that we have found a site, and the formal planning process will begin having already got approval from the local authorities. Once that happens then things can and will start to happen very quickly, but there will be absolutely nothing from anyone at the club until everything is in place to go public. But there are those who see no news as evidence that nothing is happening, and that is simply untrue. As regard to the Kassam, of course it makes sense to continue to build relationships that benefit the club. We have seen a softening from FK that means that the club have been able to train on the pitch prior to games and sell Singha etc. I have no doubt that we will see further developments too, but that has very little to do with trying to do a long term deal for the Kassam.

We aren`t going anywhere anytime soon.

20 year "leasehold" ownership of the Stadium (not the land) cash up front..... £10 million (equivalent of FK`s earnings over 20 years). ✅

We get 20 years of wondering where the new ground will be. :poop::eek:

We move out in 2041 and Kassam`s kids have a nice nest egg in the land bank because the value of it will only go one way. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom