Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not do sure those figures are accurate.£10k a week is £3.5m a year which is more than we're losing without all of the additional revenue streams their stadium provides, and I'd be amazed if their playing budget is as high as ours. And they'll pick up around £500k for the Liverpool game alone which wouldn't have been budgeted for, so things could be a hell of a lot worse!!
Took 40 years to get the shithole ka$$tad so i wont be holding my breath.....Bicester is the best bet...maybe incorporated into the waterpark idea???
I’m not going to shitty Bicester and I hate water parks, whatever they are!

Green belt issues were sorted long time ago. OCC commissioned a study to look at the viability and potential harm to other green belt sites of releasing some areas to development. This was in line with central government policy to alleviate housing shortages and to facilitate outdoor sports.

That policy identified various sites as being open to consideration. My favourite of those sites is the Old Marston area. Just over 58 hectares of land. (there is a sub section of 17 Ha around Hill View Farm but I suspect that there may be some opposition from the current inhabitant!)
The best plot of all has already been given the go ahead. This is the, so called, Northern Gateway. Sadly, this development has already been scaled back by the developers themselves. I say sadly, because in its original design it would have been a fantastic fit for housing, shops, offices, entertainment and stadium. There was even an artists mock up of an entrance to a large venue from a street level.
Another site which might have been considered, although not the best, is at Wolvercote. The old paper mill is now ready to start with planning passed and good to go. This is an area within green belt protection.

I've posted this before but, just to bring to people's attention again, here is the link:
2017 Green Belt study
Wolvercote would be a no go the infrastructure couldn’t accommodate thousands of fans. northern gateway would have been a possibility but would we have owned the ground and leisure and hotel facilities as I’m sure that would have included rental from the developers of the Northern gateway Old Marston would be interesting but that would cause a lot of issues with the locals and getting the planning permission and that will be hard for wherever we want to build.

build in the centre of the city but make it look like an old university building from the outside. simples
I have the same vision sir what other ground in the world would conpare to that even if it was 15000 capacity

All this talk of a new ground, if things don’t improve on the field we could lose Thohir and Bakrie so we will have to go back to Kassam

If Erick and co. are here for the money spinning opportunity of a multi functional new stadium in Oxford as many believe, they're hardly going to panic and pull out after a draw at Bolton!

Equally, if they're here for the long term and have a new found love for the club, they're hardly going to panic and pull out after a draw at Bolton!!

If Erick and co. are here for the money spinning opportunity of a multi functional new stadium in Oxford as many believe, they're hardly going to panic and pull out after a draw at Bolton!

Equally, if they're here for the long term and have a new found love for the club, they're hardly going to panic and pull out after a draw at Bolton!!
Equally, if they’re here for the long haul and we’re releg because we’ve had a few s**t performances early in the season and we keep having s**t performances and we end in the same situation as last season until February, are they going to want to stay here and invest with nothing looking to good for the club?

Baz, These guys are at Oxford because they see a potential to make money. We all know that we have very few assets so they cant be here to asset strip. So that only leaves one option. Real estate. Get the right site with the right outlets on it and it wont matter what league we are in they will make there money.

Equally, if they’re here for the long haul and we’re releg because we’ve had a few s**t performances early in the season and we keep having s**t performances and we end in the same situation as last season until February, are they going to want to stay here and invest with nothing looking to good for the club?
Yes, for the reasons I've mentioned! If they were looking for quick success on the pitch then they'd have gone to any number of other clubs. They are here because we are in a world famous city, because there is an opportunity to build a new stadium which will provide a uk base and the likelihood of either a return on their investment, or the chance to own a sustainable club, and because they tell us that they love the club. Nothing will have changed on the back of a lucky point away to Bolton.

Important final answer to today’s Fans Forum on whether we’ll know by the end of the season whether we’re looking to stay at the Kassam or move to a new ground:

“100% yes”.

Important final answer to today’s Fans Forum on whether we’ll know by the end of the season whether we’re looking to stay at the Kassam or move to a new ground:

“100% yes”.
Hopefully not a club statement saying we’ve improved our relationship with Uncle Firoz and have agreed new lower rates and look forward to a fruitful partnership for years to come etc etc though. If we’re considering staying at Grenoble Road, FK has to be completely removed from the equation.

Hopefully not a club statement saying we’ve improved our relationship with Uncle Firoz and have agreed new lower rates and look forward to a fruitful partnership for years to come etc etc though. If we’re considering staying at Grenoble Road, FK has to be completely removed from the equation.

And having a percentage of the takings behind the bar!!

That would be like winning the lottery.

“100% yes”.

Interesting, putting a timeframe on such a big question tends to suggest confidence in something happening soon, just hope it’s positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom