Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we not pay for that also an where do you suggest?

Of course we would have to pay, it all depends if the new stadium wasn't finished whether kassam would agree to a short term lease like a groundshare would be. Long way off before the club need to worry about this, probably I would suggest Wycombe would be the easiest for most of are fans.

Of course we would have to pay, it all depends if the new stadium wasn't finished whether kassam would agree to a short term lease like a groundshare would be. Long way off before the club need to worry about this, probably I would suggest Wycombe would be the easiest for most of are fans.

A long way off. i would like to think that all is sorted well before your 1 year to build scenario not forgetting of course that we cannot afford to get promoted in those 4 years...looks like 1 year forward 4 years back to me

A long way off. i would like to think that all is sorted well before your 1 year to build scenario not forgetting of course that we cannot afford to get promoted in those 4 years...looks like 1 year forward 4 years back to me

We could afford to get promoted, compete in the championship? Probably not but it would be nice to have a season up there. Aslong as we don't go down the leagues again I will take it.

I want to know how Pompey and Blackpool were able to use the courts to force their owners to sell and whether we could, and how the hell can the scum be told you need a million to by the county ground?

Blackpool was because the Oystons had screwed over a Blackpool co-owner out of the PL £ms, he sued them and won. The court ordered the Oystons to pay £ms in compensation and to afford that they had to sell lots of assets including the club and ground.

I believe the board have identified a site but are keeping tight lipped on where this is. Source has come from a well known sponsor where there was a meeting to discuss sponsorship of the new ground . I can't remember the exact length we have left on the current lease but the plan is to have the current stadium ready just in time for when the lease runs out so we don't have to renegotiate a temporary lease.
Bollox.

So, we will be paying FK license money, paying for building a new stadium to be built, paying to stay at someone else's ground, hopefully we wont be in the championship as well for the cost it will be to stay there, all this money going out at the same time, is that really all realistic and a sustainable model?

So, we will be paying FK license money, paying for building a new stadium to be built, paying to stay at someone else's ground, hopefully we wont be in the championship as well for the cost it will be to stay there, all this money going out at the same time, is that really all realistic and a sustainable model?
Vice chairman will set up his market barrow and flog off 7 or 8 players for much less than he should, if recent shenanigans in January are any indication, wont he? ;) ;) ;)

Or will the huge coffers of Erik be opened to help with the funding when it reaches a bricks, mortar& property sort of investing
?:unsure::unsure::unsure:

The cost of the stadium being built won't have any affect on the clubs finances. This will be funded by buisness men not sat on the board as its not just a stadium they are building, obviously Tiger and Zaki will have a share but them two can't afford what they are trying to build on their own. We will only be paying either the rent on the kassam or the cost of a groundshare not both, so will be no more than we are currently paying. Obviously if we go up to the championship this season we havent got the financial revenues coming in to sustain that so that's why the board have basically said they can't afford us in the championship. If we do go up we will try and stay up like Burton did but don't expect us to double are budget and put us in danger and increasing are debt even more. This is a long term plan its not going to be sorted this season or even next season. As previously stated it would be pointless having a new stadium if we are still tied in to the lease at the kassam.

The cost of the stadium being built won't have any affect on the clubs finances. This will be funded by buisness men not sat on the board as its not just a stadium they are building, obviously Tiger and Zaki will have a share but them two can't afford what they are trying to build on their own. We will only be paying either the rent on the kassam or the cost of a groundshare not both, so will be no more than we are currently paying. Obviously if we go up to the championship this season we havent got the financial revenues coming in to sustain that so that's why the board have basically said they can't afford us in the championship. If we do go up we will try and stay up like Burton did but don't expect us to double are budget and put us in danger and increasing are debt even more. This is a long term plan its not going to be sorted this season or even next season. As previously stated it would be pointless having a new stadium if we are still tied in to the lease at the kassam.
Crikey, not another club spokesperson.
I just can't be bothered to pick that to pieces, thanks for your opinion.

Crikey, not another club spokesperson.
I just can't be bothered to pick that to pieces, thanks for your opinion.

Pick to peices? Are you even a fan? , seems to me like everything positive on here you are shooting down as lies or trying to find a negative point on it.

This isn't my opinion, this is what I have been told is going on behind the scenes and the reason why Tiger said he wished he didn't put a deadline on announcing news was they were trying to find a loophole of getting out the kassam lease but failed. So they have to stick with what we got and run down the lease.

A reminder of the financial aspects of life in the Championship for those who haven't seen it. Not sure if it proves that a club like ours can't survive there but a few facts can't do any harm.

https://financialfootballnews.com/championship-2018-finances-revenue/

Only had a quick scan, but Burton made £11m from tv rights and other commercial deals, and matchday revenue somewhere between Burton (approx. 7000) and Brentford (approx. 12000) could be around £2.5m. So we could be approx. £10m up on our current financial position.

Costs would increase, contracts maybe linked to promotion, and of course, those coming in with expect higher wages. But we shouldn't be paying silly money and would still be able to attract good young talent that wouldn't cost the world. Add in some good quality loanees, and we can work within a reasonable budget.

No guarantees of tearing the league apart, but staying up will be the first target and is entirely possible.

Pick to peices? Are you even a fan? , seems to me like everything positive on here you are shooting down as lies or trying to find a negative point on it.

This isn't my opinion, this is what I have been told is going on behind the scenes and the reason why Tiger said he wished he didn't put a deadline on announcing news was they were trying to find a loophole of getting out the kassam lease but failed. So they have to stick with what we got and run down the lease.
Ok, so we have to be a part of the happy clappy dream boat scenario to be a fan.
The stuff you peddle is all about spending money, 10’s of millions of pounds, money the club don’t have and are losing we are told £2m a year, for you to question someone if they are a fan or not because they fear of the clubs future and the motives of the investors with no visible plan on display is bonkers, this is a forum where some people’s opinions you like some you don’t, then discuss.
Oh, I’ve been told your theories are “way off the mark”, see we can all play at that game.

Ok, so we have to be a part of the happy clappy dream boat scenario to be a fan.
The stuff you peddle is all about spending money, 10’s of millions of pounds, money the club don’t have and are losing we are told £2m a year, for you to question someone if they are a fan or not because they fear of the clubs future and the motives of the investors with no visible plan on display is bonkers, this is a forum where some people’s opinions you like some you don’t, then discuss.
Oh, I’ve been told your theories are “way off the mark”, see we can all play at that game.

Could you please try to understand the difference between operating costs in relation to FFP rules, and capital investment? It really isn't that difficult to understand.

Could you please try to understand the difference between operating costs in relation to FFP rules, and capital investment? It really isn't that difficult to understand.
Your new catch line?
When you borrow money, you have to pay more back.
I’m sure all those clubs in trouble understood FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom