Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leysboy.

I thought everyone stood in the Jim Smith stand?

I’ll have you know that the velour seat covers in block 13 SSU are in desperate need of refurbishment too, but I doubt that will happen either.

Shocking!

Leysboy.

I thought everyone stood in the Jim Smith stand?

I’ll have you know that the velour seat covers in block 13 SSU are in desperate need of refurbishment too, but I doubt that will happen either.

Shocking!
I hear the toilet attendants in the SSU have started to look a little surly when they apply the grooming products as well. Shocking behaviour. Stiff letters to the management all round I feel.

The invention of hot water has yet to be discovered in the SSL toilets and ensuring that the paper towel holder is topped up as required is a concept yet to be formulated

I understand that the electric hand dryers in the SSU toilets are faulty and being removed. Shocking!
Lucky to have had them all these years! Cold water, no hand dryers, and no towels doesn’t make for toastie fingers in the SSL.
Thats bad enough without skidding across the p**s filled floor....

Probably no news anytime soon, otherwise the club would surely have leaked a thing or two what with all the negative PR from last month.

Probably no news anytime soon, otherwise the club would surely have leaked a thing or two what with all the negative PR from last month.

Everything is being done behind closed doors, we`ve bought a site, passed the planning stage and the new ground will be dropped in by an Elon Musk Space Transporter.................. didn`t you know?

In other news........... we are staying. ;)

Oldmans alternative Fans View

Last night was extremely disappointing in the SSU(E)

I was forced to jump up out of my seat on at least 5 occasions because people in front of me were standing up and waving their arms about with monotonous regularity. I could not see past them. This constant leaving my seat meant that the Komforfoam rate dependant seatcushion resumed its rigid state and became uncomfortable and my tartan blanket kept falling to the floor.

I noted that the tin urinal trough was still it’s delicate shade of brown and the Hot water tap was still absent. There were however, 8 paper towels left at the start of half time. Small steps I guess.

Well done the Ref who waived away at least two ridiculous penalty claims from our players. But for that, we might have won...

What was the score by the way?

..... with a timescale for completion of a couple of years. So why is the OUFC new build being quoted by some on here as 5/6 years? Just asking.

maybe because 'construction' projects tend to overrun in the OX1,2,3, 4 ( &maybe more/other OX) postcodes?:(

...... Access to Headington ( currently still ongoing)roadworks etc being a prime example ! :rolleyes::(:mad:

..... with a timescale for completion of a couple of years. So why is the OUFC new build being quoted by some on here as 5/6 years? Just asking.

Because Peterborough have a site that has been "identified" for several years, its in an area the council want to regenerate, its in the Town centre, its owned by the council................... and the funding can be raised by selling the London Road/Weston Homes Stadium (oh there is a bit of a clue there!).

Whereas we have nothing to sell, no council support, no city centre site and no developer waiting to knock down GR and build houses.

Apart from that the similarities with Oxford are amazing....... ?

Circa £40M to build a new stadium, but we can buy one thats more than 50% built for £13M? I assume that doesn't include the cost of the land? Tiger and his mates must have some bloody good ideas up their sleeves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom