Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing the good news will be that we have agreed with Uncle Firoz to stay, but at a reduced rental cost. Hopefully the lease won’t be as long, and we can plan to either buy the Kassam, or move to pastures new. Just a guess like I said.

I hope this doesn't happen unless kassam agrees to sell to us at an agreed rate first or he builds the 4th stand and finishes of the rest of the ground. If none of these are on offer, let's just ground share with Mk or Wycombe for a year or 2 while we either build a new stadium or purchase the kassam at the correct rate.

If Tiger ties us in to the same kind of lease we are in at the moment then this club will always be a league 1 club at best.

I hope this doesn't happen unless kassam agrees to sell to us at an agreed rate first or he builds the 4th stand and finishes of the rest of the ground. If none of these are on offer, let's just ground share with Mk or Wycombe for a year or 2 while we either build a new stadium or purchase the kassam at the correct rate.

If Tiger ties us in to the same kind of lease we are in at the moment then this club will always be a league 1 club at best.

Never get people who think playing in Milton Keynes or Wycombe for an indefinite period would be any thing other than a disaster for the club, we would be paying rent on a different ground with far lower crowds and no definite date to return home.

Never get people who think playing in Milton Keynes or Wycombe for an indefinite period would be any thing other than a disaster for the club, we would be paying rent on a different ground with far lower crowds and no definite date to return home.
Cuttleslowe Park or bust!

Where did you get the thought we were going to build a new stadium?

Really?
I would imagine that a large majority of oufc supporters don't even read this forum.
Are you suggesting that one persons comments on a fairly obscure internet forum is a real problem for the club?
I did say part.

I’m guessing the good news will be that we have agreed with Uncle Firoz to stay, but at a reduced rental cost. Hopefully the lease won’t be as long, and we can plan to either buy the Kassam, or move to pastures new. Just a guess like I said.
Otherwise known, to use a popular current phrase, as ‘kicking the can down the road’.

This issue should be discussed at the end of the season, as NMW has said there will be some good news before the end of the season.

oh and admin where was my wake up call?

There is no wake up call ....WAKE UP BAZZER ?

Last edited:
Perhaps the news will be good after all?. Perhaps the SSU (E) toilets will be properly cleaned in the off season and there will be enough soap and paper towels at the start of the next...

Some of us dont understand the problem you have. As we are too poor to sit in the upper class SSU, so people like me stand in the East stand we’re it’s cheap and cheerful.

No he said there would be news before the end of the season.

No, he said we would know the future re; Kassam, so not just news which Scotchegg initially agreed too, but since then the goalposts have been moved to whenever!

I did hear from a not so legitimate source that the deal re land had been agreed, Water Eaton it is (I can hear Charlie now!) However, the other stuff I was told didn’t match their story e.g. people at the club had been trying to get in contact with Tiger for 3 weeks, but he hadn’t responded or returned calls so no one knew of his whereabouts, however 1min later I saw him (Tiger) as he stood in the directors box! So who knows whether it was true (land sale agreed) or not, but I thought I’d share it!

No, he said we would know the future re; Kassam, so not just news which Scotchegg initially agreed too, but since then the goalposts have been moved to whenever!
He did say there would be news concerning the stadium I think he said before the end of the season or at the end of the season, but whether it was a new stadium or the Kastad I don’t know

He did say there would be news concerning the stadium I think he said before the end of the season or at the end of the season, but whether it was a new stadium or the Kastad I don’t know

Yeah, he said we would know our fate by the end of the season!

It definitely wasnt about the Kassam specifically.
It was at a time when he was suggesting that things were going forwards well ( the implication was for a new stadium and he was looking at land opportunities)
He said there would 100% be news of the stadium by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom