Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errm the service charge covers all the maintenance? So unless you want us to be playing on a boggy meadow and the staff to be working in dilapidated offices then you'll still need to pay the equivalent...

Why would you pay a service charge on something the club own?
Bingo, another £300k saved....
Depends what the service charge covers, shirley?

IF Stadco provide all the service and the club take that on, all well and good....if it is indeed a 3rd party provider employed by the stadco then those services provided still need to be paid for somehow :unsure: Even if we did it in house, the servicing of the stadium (which may be minimal at best currently) is still a cost

Errm the service charge covers all the maintenance? So unless you want us to be playing on a boggy meadow and the staff to be working in dilapidated offices then you'll still need to pay the equivalent...

If we make the assumption that FK currently spends £300k on the ground I would love to know where!!

I wouldn`t mind betting we could maintain it to higher standard for less money.

And how much use is there of the conferencing facilities? Pretty much every day the conference facilities at Leicester Tigers & City are being used, I`m not sure that happens at Grenoble Road, a missed revenue stream.

If we make the assumption that FK currently spends £300k on the ground I would love to know where!!

And how much use is there of the conferencing facilities? Pretty much every day the conference facilities at Leicester Tigers & City are being used, I`m not sure that happens at Grenoble Road, a missed revenue stream.
You might be right, but it is still a cost and not a £300k saving
Does the stadco make money on conferencing? I thought they did but might be wrong and cba to look for the figures right now....anyone less lazy than me have them to hand?

Would it be possible for someone to set up a ground fund so we can put a few £ into? And if possible to start raising money by doing raffles/ fun days nights ect?

Maybe, but think of the location and accessability of each venue.

Think about the competition they have (and the accessability and location of that competition)

By way of comparison...have a look here: https://www.conferences-uk.org.uk/cities/leicester_conference_venues and then here: https://www.conferences-uk.org.uk/oxford-conference-venues and it might go some way to explaining why......

And when you do finally find the Kassam, read the description....newly built... :unsure: Lots of care and attention gone in to the marketing I see.....it's almost as though they don't want it to be successful:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Last edited:
Might as well ask our billionaire directors to help chip in a few quid, I don't see why the fans should help fund their profit making..

Might as well ask our billionaire directors to help chip in a few quid, I don't see why the fans should help fund their profit making..
If us the supporters put a bit in maybe one day we could have our own ground ? and no other owner could steal from us again

I think that Walsalls and even Wycombe's do Ok.
Things would be different from the old supporters club.
Wycombe seem to have loads of events/ sportsmans dinners etc.
If big enough it could do a huge trade in big games.
I think Walsall's supporters' club closed down a few years back.

If us the supporters put a bit in maybe one day we could have our own ground ? and no other owner could steal from us again
Blimey - how long would it take us to raise that sort of money? We certainly wouldn't do it before the crunch date where we either have to sign up again or sling our hooks. And probably not for the date of the re-signing after that...

Blimey - how long would it take us to raise that sort of money? We certainly wouldn't do it before the crunch date where we either have to sign up again or sling our hooks. And probably not for the date of the re-signing after that...
That’s true but you never know, also if we sit and do the same as we have the next time it comes up in 25 years again we could be saying the same

We’re now nearly at the second anniversary of Tiger taking over and, unless they are hiding it very well, there still doesn’t appear to be a clear strategy, let alone any clear progress on the stadium issue. Only last week we had Zaki pouring water on the increased optimistic speculation from the supporters, saying things like the different options are still being discussed etc I know investors are prepared to play a waiting game with this sort of thing but surely there has to be news from the club soon on which way they’re planning to go. I personally don’t have a preferred option as long as it breaks the status quo and allows the club to grow??
We started to look at moving house just over a year ago. Checked out many places for suitability. Didn't tell all our friends and most family until we had found what we wanted, knew we could line up all the ducks and the deal would be sorted. So that was a year for a straightforward domestic relocation. Site searching, researching, planning and financing considerations make any stadium purchase/ build/ refurb more complex let alone issues of commercial sensitivity. I really wouldn't expect to hear anything until we are pretty well en route to a solution.

The conference centre makes a good profit off a turnover of around £2m.
No it doesn't. The accounts are for the Kassam Stadium including the conference centre.
So we know the turnover includes the c£800K OUFC pay in rent and service charge.
It is not possible to separate the conference centre profit from the published accounts.
Looking back at the accounts over several years, what you can say is the stadium as a whole makes a consistent operating profit of c£0.5m every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom