Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Water Eaton and Stratfield Brake. For those not familiar with that part of Oxfordshire they are both north of the City, on the outskirts of Kidlington, close to Pear Tree roundabout.

It's worth reading the Oxvox minutes from the meeting below 14/11/17. So just over 2 years ago.

I suppose the question to be asked is what has fundamentally changed since that meeting?

http://www.oxvox.org.uk/minutes/oxvox-stadium-options-meeting-14-november-2017/

I have copied and pasted in italics the most relevant section from the minutes.

Yvonne Rees (YR) Cherwell DC Chief Executive, Barry Wood (BW) Leader of Cherwell DC, Adrian Colwell (AC) Head of Strategic Planning and the Economy, Ian Hudspeth (IH) Leader of Oxfordshire County Council, Darryl Eales (DE) Chairman of OUFC, Jem Faulkner (JF) Chair of OxVox.

6. The meeting moved on to talk about 2 sites that sit within the Cherwell DC area. Water Eaton and Stratfield Brake. JF asked if indeed these sites would be possible for a relocation of the stadium.

7. BW said they were not, but referred the question to AC and asked him to go through the details on each location. AC then produced a detailed map and highlighted both the sites in question to those present.

8. AC explained why both sites were not viable and that green belt, buffer zone and planning constraints meant no development of a stadium was possible on either site.

9. AC talked about historic meetings with the farmer who owned land at Water Eaton (adjacent to the Water Eaton station) and that the farmer had no interest in selling.AC made it clear however that the Cherwell DC interest in this land was not for a football stadium or leisure.

10. DE asked that ‘if’ there ever was a way of developing on these sites, what would the timescales look like? AC and YR both said it was hypothetical as neither site was possible, but that ‘if’ either were, then it would take a minimum of 10 years.

11. IH said that it was disappointing news, but that it was good to have clarity, as these sites had generated media interest and they could now be discounted.

If true. We must ensure that we dont get stuck in a kassam mark 2 situation whereby we are paying way too much money to play in a stadium that is not 'ours'. I would hope that the council would suafeguard us somehow as part of any planning approval. Not saying Tiger would do a Kassam but its looking a little bit clearer why he has taken us over - to get a property deal in and around the gold streets of oxford.

If true. We must ensure that we dont get stuck in a kassam mark 2 situation whereby we are paying way too much money to play in a stadium that is not 'ours'. I would hope that the council would suafeguard us somehow as part of any planning approval. Not saying Tiger would do a Kassam but its looking a little bit clearer why he has taken us over - to get a property deal in and around the gold streets of oxford.
Which is absolutely fine if he does right by the club, and I happen to think he might. He didn’t bring property tycoons on board with him to not eventually somehow make money off of land and building. There’s nothing wrong with that - if they can get us moved and we come out of it with a better deal than the one we have had, and a finished stadium to play in, nobody could complain. I’ve personally only ever been against the unnecessary “we aren’t here for property” soundbites. You ARE here for property, that’s why the billionaire man who only deals in property and developments is here. It’s okay that you are here to make some money from property. All anyone cares about is that the club ends up better off than we have been until now. Go and make your money - if you get us out of the wind tunnel and into a better situation no one will begrudge you making money somehow!

Isn't it just marvellous how a few whispers here, the odd muttering there and, all of a sudden every one is convinced that it's gospel that we have a site, a plan, and, almost amusing, already discussions on the integrity of the board to do right by the club and not just make a profit out of an unscrupulous land deal.

Isn't it just marvellous how a few whispers here, the odd muttering there and, all of a sudden every one is convinced that it's gospel that we have a site, a plan, and, almost amusing, already discussions on the integrity of the board to do right by the club and not just make a profit out of an unscrupulous land deal.
You’re grumpy.

It won`t happen before we need to renegotiate at the Kassam.

Uncle Firoz might have had a Damascus moment by then and decided to cash out and sell the whole lot to our owners.

Fourth stand could be up in a close season, the footings are under the car park.
Finish off the East Stand.
Fill the corners in with flats/offices to the front and jobs a good one.

Easy really................................

Uncle Firoz might have had a Damascus moment by then and decided to cash out and sell the whole lot to our owners.

Fourth stand could be up in a close season, the footings are under the car park.

See my other post Essexyellow - agree completely.

I would think that is virtually no chance.
It would be far too expensive.
The surrounding area round the ground is where the investors make the money to help pay for the stadium.
Kassam took all of the profits already.

I would think that is virtually no chance.
It would be far too expensive.
The surrounding area round the ground is where the investors make the money to help pay for the stadium.
Kassam took all of the profits already.

If that's the case he should be more willing to sell at a fair price although I'm not sure how he can have taken all the profits without disposing of the assets to crystallize a book gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom