Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be at least 6 if not more years for a new ground to be completed
What is this timeframe based on?

I accept that there are many hurdles, but with no idea on how much progress has already been made, and the resources behind this, then it's all just guesswork.

I get that @Super kev is just throwing together a few statements to reopen this discussion, but this and other threads have had hundreds of posts from those say that things won't happen without anything to back them up either.

I don't know why we don't all wait to see what happens and then comment rather than going round and round in the same circles.

I have heard the rumour that Gosford All Blacks RFC have been told they need to find elsewhere to play but its in no way a reliable source. Plenty of room to put a stadium and sports complex next door on that land mind. My son played there a few weeks back and I didn't realise how much room there was including the cricket pitches.

I have heard the rumour that Gosford All Blacks RFC have been told they need to find elsewhere to play but its in no way a reliable source. Plenty of room to put a stadium and sports complex next door on that land mind. My son played there a few weeks back and I didn't realise how much room there was including the cricket pitches.
That’s the spirit. My info is from a mate of a mate and all that. I’m all for getting behind baseless rumours because the majority of the time they are bang on. 2+2=

I accept that there are many hurdles, but with no idea on how much progress has already been made, and the resources behind this, then it's all just guesswork.

I get that @Super kev is just throwing together a few statements to reopen this discussion, but this and other threads have had hundreds of posts from those say that things won't happen without anything to back them up either.

I don't know why we don't all wait to see what happens and then comment rather than going round and round in the same circles.
Didn’t they build spurs in 3 yrs? I’m sure you could get that down a bit by only building 3 sides.

Didn’t they build spurs in 3 yrs? I’m sure you could get that down a bit by only building 3 sides.

Yes spurs stadium and the Westgate shopping centre with an under ground car park took 3 years too. I would think at a push we could have a fully finished stadium in 18 months to 2 years.

Yes spurs stadium and the Westgate shopping centre with an under ground car park took 3 years too. I would think at a push we could have a fully finished stadium in 18 months to 2 years.
That looks like a very realistic time frame.

I agree don’t want to go down that avenue m, we all know there are hurdles but the time king I put was for everything planning, consultations and finally the finished product.

I really hope we manage to get ourselves a new ground we can be proud to call home, if not for me then for the future generations of OUFC fans.

I'm 31 now, so I fear it might be too late for me. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I really hope we manage to get ourselves a new ground we can be proud to call home, if not for me then for the future generations of OUFC fans.

I'm 31 now, so I fear it might be too late for me.

Don't think the kassam will last another 20 years so we will be having a new ground one way or another.

I'm 31 now, so I fear it might be too late for me. :ROFLMAO:
Baby. Just wait til you hit the 32 club. That's when life really gets interesting...

• React
Reactions: MJB
A
Apparently the council took control of the site a couple of years ago and now presumably lease it back to the clubs. That may have something to do with the All Blacks leaving (if they are, I’ve not heard that) or as you say, may be connected to our situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom