Potential New Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the link thanks @Neville60, I am impressed with Zaki he certainly seems like a man who knows what he wants, and he wants to see us succeed and make the championship, his comments about Dan Bond were great wished him all the best as he wants to work in the championship but was impatient when he could have been in the championship with us, that’s the sound of positiveness.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if this "all talk" or if anything comes to fruition. I think ..."a few years" underplays the Planning problems likely to be encountered with a new location &, I personally, reckon getting our hands on the Kassam is the better route to take.

Yes, it will be interesting to see if this "all talk" or if anything comes to fruition. I think ..."a few years" underplays the Planning problems likely to be encountered with a new location &, I personally, reckon getting our hands on the Kassam is the better route to take.
The Kassam is ONLY an option if the club obtain the ground at the right price. This is very very unlikely. Kassam has taken all of the profits round the ground.
My suspicion is that a new ground is the only option due to the finances. The hope is that the owners make their money on the surrounding area and allow the club to have a (far better) stadium at a much more attractive price.

The Kassam is ONLY an option if the club obtain the ground at the right price. This is very very unlikely. Kassam has taken all of the profits round the ground.
My suspicion is that a new ground is the only option due to the finances. The hope is that the owners make their money on the surrounding area and allow the club to have a (far better) stadium at a much more attractive price.

So what would the difference be in buying the Grenoble satsium and building a new one? The reason I’m asking is that I heard the asking price for the Grenoble stadium was 13.5 million.

So what would the difference be in buying the Grenoble satsium and building a new one? The reason I’m asking is that I heard the asking price for the Grenoble stadium was 13.5 million.

Much depends on what comes with the Stadium.
If it is just the ground then it is less attractive, although it wouldn`t take much to build the fourth stand, fill the corners etc.
If it includes the hotel(s), Priory and all the carpark`s then it moves into bargain territory.
I think we can realistically write out the cinema/bowlplex as part of the purchase.

Much depends on what comes with the Stadium.
If it is just the ground then it is less attractive, although it wouldn`t take much to build the fourth stand, fill the corners etc.
If it includes the hotel(s), Priory and all the carpark`s then it moves into bargain territory.
I think we can realistically write out the cinema/bowlplex as part of the purchase.
You've started on the hard stuff a little early, eh? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Kassam made the money through the surrounding hotels etc.
So in a new stadium the current owners could potentially make money from the new hotels etc which could contribute to a new ground.
I believe that getting new sponsorship of a new stadium is far easier.
The £13m for the Kassam would end up being far more with a 4th stand plus the renovation of what is now a pretty dilapidated ground

Kassam made the money through the surrounding hotels etc.
So in a new stadium the current owners could potentially make money from the new hotels etc which could contribute to a new ground.
I believe that getting new sponsorship of a new stadium is far easier.
The £13m for the Kassam would end up being far more with a 4th stand plus the renovation of what is now a pretty dilapidated ground
I do understand what you’re saying @Foley id the board tried to buy the Grenoble road stadium it would be better to but the Ozome and the 2 hotels as well, that would be an expensive option but in the long term that scenario could be very beneficial to our club with the income that would be generated from such an investment.
As regard building a new stadium with Hotels and other possible ventures to generate a good income for the club may be a slightly cheaper option but it’s the time it would take with planning, appeals and patience from the board.

Baz, if it fits in with the councils agenda than it could happen quite quick. Here’s hoping that the council are on board.

I do understand what you’re saying @Foley id the board tried to buy the Grenoble road stadium it would be better to but the Ozome and the 2 hotels as well, that would be an expensive option but in the long term that scenario could be very beneficial to our club with the income that would be generated from such an investment.
As regard building a new stadium with Hotels and other possible ventures to generate a good income for the club may be a slightly cheaper option but it’s the time it would take with planning, appeals and patience from the board.

I can't see the owners buying the Ozone Complex and stadium as it would be expensive (this is Kassam after all) and little value in it for them. A new stadium provides the value.

If we were looking at buying the ground, hotel, ozone and surrounding land, then Kassam would expect the same value as the land would be for new housing. That would be tens of millions, and would still require a lot of investment to bring it up to the standard required.

It might be a little more expensive to build from scratch, but it would provide an opportunity to design the ground to maximise income, and achieve far more than a crappy holiday inn and bowling alley!

And boy is that holiday inn crap. Stayed there once never again
Recently had a make over. New breakfast bar, rooms upgraded and various other changes. Good alternative to the Premier Inn. I always compare prices now to see who has the best deal. Staying at the Holiday means a very short walk to the ground (and back from the bar) Premier Inn does have the meal deal for a basic steak dinner and buffet breakfast. You pays your money and etc. etc.

Recently had a make over. New breakfast bar, rooms upgraded and various other changes. Good alternative to the Premier Inn. I always compare prices now to see who has the best deal. Staying at the Holiday means a very short walk to the ground (and back from the bar) Premier Inn does have the meal deal for a basic steak dinner and buffet breakfast. You pays your money and etc. etc.

It was a couple of years ago we stayed. Still wouldn’t go back. Mind our local 1 near Fareham is spot on.

I am not itk, but my guess is that it would be a lot less expensive with a new ground taking account the profit to be made on the surrounding leisure facilities/ hotels.
My guess is that financially the Kassam just wont work.

Baz, if it fits in with the councils agenda than it could happen quite quick. Here’s hoping that the council are on board.
But we haven’t identified anywhere positive yet and as you say it does depend on the council but I doubt whether they would be onboard and how long would the consultation be and if they refuse then it’s appeal then the government could get involved. It won’t be easy local opinion and so forth, sorry @Pompeyyellows.
Let’s not forget the argument could be you already have a ground that only 20years old.

I can't see the owners buying the Ozone Complex and stadium as it would be expensive (this is Kassam after all) and little value in it for them. A new stadium provides the value.
It does but you need other things as well as a stadium to generate the income that would sustain us especially if we were to be promoted. The board said they’ve identified 5 potential sites, I hope they’re big enough to add things to generate this extra income.

But we haven’t identified anywhere positive yet and as you say it does depend on the council but I doubt whether they would be onboard and how long would the consultation be and if they refuse then it’s appeal then the government could get involved. It won’t be easy local opinion and so forth, sorry @Pompeyyellows.
Let’s not forget the argument could be you already have a ground that only 20years old.
There is a huge difference between identifying somewhere, and that becoming public knowledge.

Also, I'd be amazed if the council WASN'T on board! A huge part of a feasibility study will be working alongside the council to identify suitable sites, and we've already got good links between the club and the council.

If we were looking at buying the ground, hotel, ozone and surrounding land, then Kassam would expect the same value as the land would be for new housing. That would be tens of millions, and would still require a lot of investment to bring it up to the standard required.

It might be a little more expensive to build from scratch, but it would provide an opportunity to design the ground to maximise income, and achieve far more than a crappy holiday inn and bowling alley!
Match day income scotch would not be enough to sustain us unless we build lots of office space and do what Fleetwood do and rent for extortionate fees .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom