Chairman Post the club's responses to your emails about the HMRC 'incident' here

I`ll go first.... reproduced in full below:

Impressed? Yep..me too. They may value their customers more come ST renewal time........
That was a full, honest and comprehensive response. They took a lot of time and care to go into such a great amount of detail. The anecdote from Tiger about his lunches in NY was hilarious.

Oh wait, that didn't happen did it?

It all feels a bit like this doesn't it?
comical-ali.jpg

That was a full, honest and comprehensive response. They took a lot of time and care to go into such a great amount of detail. The anecdote from Tiger about his lunches in NY was hilarious.

Oh wait, that didn't happen did it?

It all feels a bit like this doesn't it?
comical-ali.jpg

1543932400288.jpeg

What irks me more than anything is there isn`t even an acknowledgment of my mail.
Even a "Thanks, we can`t say anything yet" would do.
Only had a ST for 30+ years .....why should I expect a response?
Yet they still happily generate the marketing messages and the like for Christmas etc, almost like they need the extra money.
Rapidly heading towards just paying for the 3 or 4 home games I go to rather than paying upfront for a ST.

What irks me more than anything is there isn`t even an acknowledgment of my mail.
Even a "Thanks, we can`t say anything yet" would do.
Only had a ST for 30+ years .....why should I expect a response?
Yet they still happily generate the marketing messages and the like for Christmas etc, almost like they need the extra money.
Rapidly heading towards just paying for the 3 or 4 home games I go to rather than paying upfront for a ST.

I’m not making excuse for the current Board but has the club ever been particularly good at this sort of thing?

I’m not making excuse for the current Board but has the club ever been particularly good at this sort of thing?

Under Kelvin Thomas, possibly. But then under him we were on a non-stop spending spree towards the poor house, so you can't have everything I s'pose.

I guess you might have got some info out of the sockless one as well, depending on when you caught him down the pub.

And while Ask Ashton was a bit cringy, you can be damn sure something like this would be question 1...

I can cast my mind back to Robert Maxwell & the family who always answered any questions even if it was total BS in the days when you would write to people!!
As above, in the modern era of emails etc, Thomas & Lenagan were fine, they answered simple questions or the like.
DE was always good to talk to as well, irrespective of how well lubricated either of us were!
I think all 3 respected the fact that it is only "their" club during their tenure but ours all the time, something that seems to have been forgotten of late.

I'm not sure why anyone is expecting a reply to an email.
Tiger owns the club, it's a private company.
I'm sure most of us spend more at supermarkets through the year (for example).
Would you write to Sainsburys or Tescos if they were late filing tax returns.

Just because it's a football club doesn't give supporters (customers) any great say over how the club is run.

Just because it's a football club doesn't give supporters (customers) any great say over how the club is run.

I don't shop at the same supermarket for my whole life though...

OUFC M.D. invited supporters to email him publically, both at an oxvox open members meeting (at masons arms) and later at the first fans forum (the one tiger turned up late to)..... I'd think that as the M.D. publically invited OUFC supporters to email him that a reply would and should be expected.

From a personal perspective, since I became a minority shareholder in OUFC, (around the start of the Maxwell era), which during the pre internet era, if I felt the need to write to a the club chairman, and also since the advent of the internet era via email, a reply has always been forthcoming. Until now, under the current regime, especially since the post man city cup game, since which none of my emails have been responded to , by OUFC M.D.

My shopping habits vary depending where I live or where I'm working. I have over the past few years contacted several supermarket customer services departments (on various issues), and guess what, said supermarkets replied and also dealt (reasonably) satisfactorily with issues I asked them about.

In the pre internet days using the postal system it was deemed good practice that an acknowledgement of receipt would be sent back and the issue dealt with a week or so later. Similar stage of responses invariably follow via email, certainly from supermarkets, as well as other national and international companies these days. Exception to which appears to be OUFC.
As a minority shareholder in OUFC I think I'm entitled to ask questions of OUFC regarding tax or any other aspects.

Also ,to my knowledge , the boards of the big supermarkets haven't misled thier 'supporters' at a public meeting regarding tax or other matters?

Huge national supermarkets can afford should they choose to, unlikely though it would be intentionally, alienate a few customers,as they tend to value thier customers. Strangely, for what ever,as yet unconfirmed , reason it appears that , by the absolute silence emanating from OUFC on the 2nd HMRC petition on the current owners watch, to view their 'customers', the supporters, with more than a degree of distain and contempt. If supermarkets took that kind of stance to the majority of their customers, thier income stream would soon dry up id say

Last edited:
Baffling post. Are you seriously equating your (presumably) football team for life with your supermarket? What sort of emotional attachment do you have to Tesco, compared to OUFC?

Completely different relationship, and completely different scale: Tesco could afford to P**s of X thousand customers, no club of our size can afford to P**s off any number of fans.

I think OxRox was summing up the mentality of the senior management at the club. That is, this is an internal matter and we don’t want to discuss it.

I would email Tesco, Sainsbury's or any other company if I was unhappy with the service they provided.

Baffling post. Are you seriously equating your (presumably) football team for life with your supermarket? What sort of emotional attachment do you have to Tesco, compared to OUFC?

Completely different relationship, and completely different scale: Tesco could afford to P**s of X thousand customers, no club of our size can afford to P**s off any number of fans.

It’s easier to get out of Tesco’s car park on a Saturday afternoon...

Back
Top Bottom