Portsmouth player ratings

The worrying thing is that we are only allowed 9 loans in a season and we have used up 6. Doesn't give kr or the new manager in Jan much scope if they return to their parent clubs.

I guess so, but then it depends whether Tiger did fully support him with the players targeted!

Just seems odd that KR had players lined up at the of last season, but like another poster posted we ended up doing lastminute.com. If if these are the players KR targeted e.g. Garbutt, Mackie, McMahon, then god only helps us.

Oh, and we didn’t bring in a recognised goalscorer either.

If anyone honestly thinks the likes of Tony McMahon and Jamie Mackie were Robinsons first choices, theyre crazy.

One other thought on Mackie- given hes on a pay as you play deal, i suspect theres something in there about having to play if fit.

One other thought on Mackie- given hes on a pay as you play deal, i suspect theres something in there about having to play if fit.

If anyone at the club has contractually agreed that Mackie plays if he is fit then they should be sacked. Not that I believe any club would do that - and we have been playing him when he patently is NOT fit anyway!

If anyone at the club has contractually agreed that Mackie plays if he is fit then they should be sacked. Not that I believe any club would do that - and we have been playing him when he patently is NOT fit anyway!

Clauses like this do not exist in professional football, ditto the "loan players have something in their contract that says they have to play on order of the loaning club" caveat that gets trotted out. Those things are up there with the tooth fairy, "the cheque's in the post" and "of course I won't come in your mouth".

If Mackie is playing, it's all on KR...nobody else.

Mitchell - 6: He doesn’t command his box, doesn’t come off his line to claim anything. Stupid pass for the penalty. Kicking poor at times. Good save for the pen though.

McMahon - 6: Good cross for the OG, but he has no pace. Battled well enough. Some set pieces were poor.

Nelson - 5: He looks unfit, overweight, lacking in confidence. Second half he started to bring the ball out of defence a bit better.

Dickie - 4: He got dominated in the air, couldn’t pass, looked weak

Garbutt - 3: He clearly didn’t want the ball, I felt sorry for him at times, he looks mentally fragile

Hanson - 2: He can’t pass the ball, looks slow, overweight... gave the penalty away. Looked ok when he was anonymous and I wasn’t noticing him. Hopefully just not fit?

Baptiste - 7: One bright spark, worked hard in a poor team, neat and tidy

Brannigan - 5: Poor first half, improved a lot in the second

Mackie - 2: How, how, how is he playing? Against Fleetwood he was awful. He is lumbering, not fit, can’t head, passes sideways. He works hard at least. His legs seem to have gone.

Smith: 5 - He worked hard and won a couple of free kicks, but mainly toiled away to little effect

Browne: 6 - I like him, flickers and flashes today. I’d like to see him centrally I think.

Subs:

Obika: 7 - Unsettled the defence when he came on. Strong. Unlucky not to score.

Henry: 8 - Changed the game, looked a class above, made us pass it. Could have scored two or three.

Ruffles: 5 - I didn’t really notice him that much

By the way, saw Nelson up in the stands last Tuesday and I’d actually say he’s lost weight and looks too thin which might actually make him weaker, but having said that I think he’s the least of our worries.

If anyone honestly thinks the likes of Tony McMahon and Jamie Mackie were Robinsons first choices, theyre crazy.

If Mackie is on a pay as You play deal, Id not play him, and save the wage

Back
Top Bottom