Pompey Away

Oufc28

So having bought my ticket for this before the Barnsley match and a heavy loss and a shocking loss later i really wasn't looking forward to this. However a better performance last night and a bit more confidence has got me buzzing for this again.

This will be my first trip to fratton park and will be heading down on the train at 9.12 to be in pompey for around midday. What im looking for is a bit of info from those who have been a few times.

How far is the ground from the train station?
What are the best pubs around the ground for away fans?
Is it usually sit in the seat allocated?

I have read thefootballgroundguide on fratton park but it's very vague.

Thanks in advance.

Be careful. A win against a very poor Coventry side isn't necessarily the start of a surge up the table. It's equally like that it will be back down to earth with a bump.

Having said that it's nice to have even a little bit of hope.

The unwritten away day rule is sit where you like, always :)

Be careful. A win against a very poor Coventry side isn't necessarily the start of a surge up the table. It's equally like that it will be back down to earth with a bump.

Having said that it's nice to have even a little bit of hope.
I am going more in hope than expectation. Pompey have a quality side and I think we will struggle against them. However, I fully expect a good day out!

most welcoming pub for away fans is the Good Companion on Velder Avenue. Bit of a trek from Fratton train station but only a few quid in a taxi.

really looking forwad to this game, its my birthday weekend, i was at Pompey Uni and still have a few friends that live there so be good to catch up and have plenty of beers (well not in the ground....)

from fratton station its short walk, approx 5-10mins to away end, loads of pubs around but as mentioned, most away fans congregate at the good campanion which is about 25min walk from fratton station (your go past the stadium to get to it)

COYY!!!!!

How many tickets have we been given?
On the Portsmouth website it appears there are no tickets available for home fans in the Milton Road end, which would indicate we've been given 2,000+.

Don't forget that the RMT Luddites are striking yet again on Saturday. That will mean few, or more likely, no trains from Fratton to Southampton Central and a limited service from Fratton to Basingstoke. You will probably have to get the cattle train to Fareham and then hope a train turns up that will take you home.
Sure the police will love the idea of a few hundred oxford fans stranded in porsmouth!

Got my first smack in the chops as a teenager whilst walking back to Fratton Station.

Don't forget that the RMT Luddites are striking yet again on Saturday. That will mean few, or more likely, no trains from Fratton to Southampton Central and a limited service from Fratton to Basingstoke. You will probably have to get the cattle train to Fareham and then hope a train turns up that will take you home.
Just an update here. Friend of mine works for national rail, he said GWR trains will be running between Southampton Central and fratton but only once every hour at .05 past each hour. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom