National News Police want extra £ for policing football

So I’m supposed to stand by and accept being called a small cock w****r and not engage?
As I’ve previously said. If fans have questions they can message me via this means. But don’t expect me to stand by and be abused.
If people have something to say about me or opinion that’s personal in nature approach me on a matchday or arrange to meet me like others and discuss differences to build bridges or for a greater understanding of why some of you detest the police.

Unfortunately you put yourself in the position to be fired at by coming on here as liaison officer and posting as such. You will always get a small minority who will personally abuse you. A bit like the fact you will always get a small minority of fans who enjoy having a fight on a match day.

Maybe it is time to step back and except that maybe posting on the forum as the fan liaison officer isn't beneficial to you or us as a fan base.

Just read the whole thread. OK, FalmouthOx made a generalised statement about police officers (but NOT you personally) that could be interpreted as unfortunate, but the overall tenet of the discussion is reasonable, and your inability / unwillingness to answer sensible questions is becoming very wearing.

I'd have to agree that it's difficult to see the point of having you as a Liaison Officer if you're can't / won't actually liaise.
If someone asks a question that I’m able/allowed to answer I gladly will.
Beg to differ on the reasonableness of the discussion. Started off as a thread about costs of policing which nobody actually asked me about but as previously mentioned it’s actually gone down drastically, then goes on to say generally police are small cocked wankers. We can agree to disagree shall we?

Unfortunately you put yourself in the position to be fired at by coming on here as liaison officer and posting as such. You will always get a small minority who will personally abuse you. A bit like the fact you will always get a small minority of fans who enjoy having a fight on a match day.

Maybe it is time to step back and except that maybe posting on the forum as the fan liaison officer isn't beneficial to you or us as a fan base.
I don’t give up that easily but if people wish me off here and lose a point of contact that can sometimes be beneficial then so be it. My job is to liaise and assist where I can. If people don’t want that so be it.
See you around. I’m not going away though....

We can certainly agree to disagree. As the sole representative of TVP on the main OUFC supporters' forum, it would be nice to read you showing some understanding for the concerns of fans - perhaps even agreeing that TVP activity is not always saintly - rather than taking a defensive position.
Then you need to read some of my other inputs. I’m fully aware that all officers are not saints and so are our professional standards department and they deal with them more often than you’d realise. I turned up to a fans concern meeting along with the then safety team a while back, on my own, on my own time. Few myths were dispelled and I hope to do it again.

Some admirable liaison work there @PC956S and very reflective of the generic attitude of TVP towards football supporters.
The majority of people requested a simple answer to a simple question, yet you choose to focus on the one individual who used poor language etc.
The rest of "us" get a "Can`t tell you".

Maybe try this book.

So are all football fans hooligans then if it’s sweeping comments that are being made? No they’re not.
Strange how a thread about finance and policing and you have to turn it into yet another police hate thread.
To try and build relationships in facts and where I can quash rumours. Policing bills have dramatically reduced since I started working with OUFC.

Dear me sarge, do calm down. Not all football fans are hooligans but clearly the bloke who posted the general comment about 'small cocked wankers' is. And everybody on the forum knows that not all your lot are that - some are women, after all.

I'm joking, but your escalation of a stupid insult is symptomatic of authority's attitude: how many 'police hate threads' have there been on this forum? None. If you don't like the forum don't come on it.

I was thinking, until your little tantrum, that you were doing a reasonable job of defending the indefensible. Don't you think it's a little odd that you're not able to tell us why (or even indicate the rough grounds on which) several thousand rate-payers were forced to change their arrangements. It seems a little like you want respect but your controllers won't give us any.

Back
Top Bottom