Blogs/Podcasts Podcasts and fan tv

A shameless plug for @York-Yellow 's podcast T'Manor. A new pod on the block taking a look at all things OUFC.

Worth a listen, if just for the acoustic guitar interludes and quizzes at the end!

Why does anyone want to watch/listen etc to something that is so personal to the viewer it will never replace going yourself?

Maybe its just me being an old fogey but all this blog/youtube staff rapidly becomes more about the presenter rather than the subject, closely followed by them thinking they have a "brand" then the inevitable "merch", patreon etc etc.

Not for me, I`m out.

Last edited:
I remember the Bradford pod cast the lad in his broad Yorkshire accident saying we were going to score and when we did it was” f*****g told you fucked again oh wait a minute hang on it’s been disallowed, it’s been disallowed, wait a minute , ooh we’ve got a penalty, we’ve got a penalty yah oh f*****g hell they’ve gone them the goal FFS” worse to that affect spread over 8 minutes. Funny as hell.

I remember the Bradford pod cast the lad in his broad Yorkshire accident saying we were going to score and when we did it was” f*****g told you fucked again oh wait a minute hang on it’s been disallowed, it’s been disallowed, wait a minute , ooh we’ve got a penalty, we’ve got a penalty yah oh f*****g hell they’ve gone them the goal FFS” worse to that affect spread over 8 minutes. Funny as hell.

Do you have a link by any chance for that as it would be good to listen to it?

A shameless plug for @York-Yellow 's podcast T'Manor. A new pod on the block taking a look at all things OUFC.

Worth a listen, if just for the acoustic guitar interludes and quizzes at the end!

Great I will listen when I get the chance

Do you have a link by any chance for that as it would be good to listen to it?
I don’t I’m afraid but if you maybe look on Bradford fc podcast or blog or whatever it’s called you may come across, it starts with the lad in his bedroom and finished I think with him on the coach on the way back, and yes it was very funny

Why does anyone want to watch/listen etc to something that is so personal to the viewer it will never replace going yourself?

Maybe its just me being an old fogey but all this blog/youtube staff rapidly becomes more about the presenter rather than the subject, closely followed by them thinking they have a "brand" then the inevitable "merch", patreon etc etc.

Not for me, I`m out.

You started all of this with that show you did with David Baddiel

What are these podcast things that are being discussed? ...do they mean that the individual no longer has to bother going to watch 'our' team live anymore, ...because someone else does it for us? :oops: :unsure: :rolleyes:

What are these podcast things that are being discussed? ...do they mean that the individual no longer has to bother going to watch 'our' team live anymore, ...because someone else does it for us? :oops: :unsure: :rolleyes:

You don't know what a podcast is?

Not for me, I`m out.

Podcasts aren't a replacement for going to the game. They're basically a verbal version of this forum. People with opinions about football, talking about football.

In answer to the OP, we are almost certainly not big enough. Best chance is radox do something using the unique way in which the bbc is funded.

Thanks @unification!

It's just a bit of a laugh - we're not taking ourselves too seriously with the whole thing, and are more than happy for any OUFC fans to get involved in some capacity.

We're going for an approach where there's a mixture of informative stuff and opinions - previewing games (looking at the oppositions transfer activity and recent results etc), reviewing games, discussing board updates, assessing KR's raw emotive interviews etc. Then there's a bit of fun with some OUFC trivia. I expect it'll improve over time.

Fair enough if it's not your thing, but hopefully it's entertaining for some!

Thanks @unification!

It's just a bit of a laugh - we're not taking ourselves too seriously with the whole thing, and are more than happy for any OUFC fans to get involved in some capacity.

We're going for an approach where there's a mixture of informative stuff and opinions - previewing games (looking at the oppositions transfer activity and recent results etc), reviewing games, discussing board updates, assessing KR's raw emotive interviews etc. Then there's a bit of fun with some OUFC trivia. I expect it'll improve over time.

Fair enough if it's not your thing, but hopefully it's entertaining for some!

Can you have a weekly segment on the most ridiculous thing you’ve read on this Forum please? (Not counting this one, of course).

Roker Rapport Podcast on youtube,3 Sunderland fans talking for 1 hour 14 mins about the Oxford game.

Roker Rapport Podcast on youtube,3 Sunderland fans talking for 1 hour 14 mins about the Oxford game.

d48283a2314ee1ba30f3e8de5c2e394b.gif

Back
Top Bottom