Blogs/Podcasts Podcasts and fan tv

Ox4Eva

Lots of clubs have various podcasts and also someone doing fan tv.

Sure we must have some aspiring media guru's amongst our support who fancy doing that?

I watch and listen to quite a few from other clubs support and it's entertaining and you get a real feel of what the fans really think.

• React
Reactions: UTM
There’s a podcast already. It’s OK.

There are two.

The first, The Fence End, is dedicated to OUFC.

The second, Worldy Pod, is a mixture of Reading and Oxford content.

A quick search in your podcast app should get you to them without issue and both are worth a listen.

There are two.

The first, The Fence End, is dedicated to OUFC.

The second, Worldy Pod, is a mixture of Reading and Oxford content.

A quick search in your podcast app should get you to them without issue and both are worth a listen.

Cheers, not sure about the Reading bit though ?

Fan tv would also be good!

What is it called?
Just one podcast?

The Fence End (as mentioned below) is the OUFC one I’m thinking of. They possibly need to be a bit more regular - half hour once a week would seem appropriate - to grow as it’s a little infrequent to get proper traction.

It’s such a relatively niche audience size though it’s not something that’s ever going to be particularly massive. How many of our regular 5,000 odd fans regularly listen to podcasts - maybe a quarter at best?

The Fence End (as mentioned below) is the OUFC one I’m thinking of. They possibly need to be a bit more regular - half hour once a week would seem appropriate - to grow as it’s a little infrequent to get proper traction.

It’s such a relatively niche audience size though it’s not something that’s ever going to be particularly massive. How many of our regular 5,000 odd fans regularly listen to podcasts - maybe a quarter at best?

not me , not ever

I listen to podcasts quite a lot, but I think I might have only listened to the Fence End once or twice.

As you said, being more frequent would help with traction, like only 26 episodes in about 3 years probably isn't enough in the fast-paced world of football. From memory the quality seemed ok but it didn't capture my attention, it didn't seem as slick as it could be, maybe because of the only OUFC content we're used to is the seasoned experience of Jerome.

That being said, RadOx are doing this five-minute fans forum, I wonder if that could eventually develop into like a 30-minute weekly show which would be available as a podcast.

Other clubs fans podcasts are weekly or certainly after every game.

Tbh I think the club could benefit from a bigger digital output, and that starts with the club. I've noticed recently they've upped their game on Instagram and are good on Twitter (and also alright on Facebook, but there's not much you can really do with that platform).

I think one thing that lets the club down massively is the video output. Look at our YouTube and it is just the packaged video highlights which have us listed as 'Oxford U'. I don't really view the video content on ifollow, and Chris Williams does a decent job of it, but if you look at what some other clubs are putting into video output I reckon it dwarfs our budget.

Video output is the best way of exposure for the club in the modern digital world. It's how you attract new, young fans and spread the message across the county. I know we can't compete with the behemoths of the Premier League, but a club like Oxford should be doing all that they possibly can to promote themselves.

Other clubs fans podcasts are weekly or certainly after every game.

You’re welcome to start one yourself.

I like podcasts too but they’ve grown in recent years to be very close to properly produced radio shows now. I think Oxblogger has the best irreverent stance on all things OUFC and Paul Beesley captures the immediate experience with his RadOx match reports so I’m not sure what else there would be to discuss.

As for fan TV, I can’t watch any of those. They’re too cringeworthy. The Arsenal one is angry, cliche-spouting fans saying ‘bruv’ every third word. No, ta.

You’re welcome to start one yourself.

I like podcasts too but they’ve grown in recent years to be very close to properly produced radio shows now. I think Oxblogger has the best irreverent stance on all things OUFC and Paul Beesley captures the immediate experience with his RadOx match reports so I’m not sure what else there would be to discuss.

As for fan TV, I can’t watch any of those. They’re too cringeworthy. The Arsenal one is angry, cliche-spouting fans saying ‘bruv’ every third word. No, ta.

I wish I had the time and skills, some are very good so don't just judge it on the Arsenal attempt.

Just think it would be good for the U's

Good call this , never thought of popcast for Oxford.
Again as been said others club's YouTube and YouTubers are far better than ours. So would be good to up that.

Yellows Forum: The Podcast.

“Join Myles, LR, Scotchegg and, of course, Bazza for 30 minutes each week as they calmly and politely discuss the ups and downs of a third tier football club.”

We don't need a fan tv. Radio Oxford phone in is bad enough.

I wish I had the time and skills, some are very good so don't just judge it on the Arsenal attempt.

Just think it would be good for the U's

Fair point. I think the only ones I have seen have been Arsenal and Manchester United ones. Some of them are Partridge-esque in their cringeworthyness!

I dare say there are some good humoured ones in amongst them.

Yellows Forum: The Podcast.

“Join Myles, LR, Scotchegg and, of course, Bazza for 30 minutes each week as they calmly and politely discuss the ups and downs of a third tier football club.”

A few themed episodes could be launched too.

Bazzer’s live minute-by-minute analysis of the January transfer window.
Ox4Eva’s academic analysis of Oxford players who are Catholics
Guest chat with Baldy and Moobs discussing the merits of following PL sides
The mysterious ‘Lundin’s Ponytail’ tackles listener’s questions with grace and reverence.

Back
Top Bottom