Plymouth staging live beam back

Four candles anyone ?
Yes, I remember someone on an old thread saying that the Four Candles bans fans on match days - is that right? - I've never come across any other Wetherspoons pub that does this

.....could only happen in Oxford!
The Swan and castle on the other hand, are more than happy to have OUFC fans in. The Red Lion before it went totally gastro actively discriminated against football fans too.

Completely unrelated but I'm in Warwickshire too (Rugby)

The manager is a miserable old hag who hates football fans.
After the Swindon away game, we got asked to shut up, we had 10 people around a table, only talking. When we all shushed for a few minutes, the students in the louder than we were, but the staff didn't care...

After the Swindon away game, we got asked to shut up, we had 10 people around a table. When we all shushed for a few minutes, the students in the louder than we were, but the staff didn't care...

It's obvious that they don't like football fans in there. As a chain you'd think they would all operate the same? Maybe it's worth an email to them?

There are laws against discriminating against people on grounds of the way they dress (football shirts) but I can imagine it'll all be 'up to the managers discretion'

I would just not go in there personally.

The Swan and castle on the other hand, are more than happy to have OUFC fans in. The Red Lion before it went totally gastro actively discriminated against football fans too.

Completely unrelated but I'm in Warwickshire too (Rugby)
Anywhere near benn hall in rugby @Concretebob ? I 'visit it about 4 times a year....was there last sat night!

After the Swindon away game, we got asked to shut up, we had 10 people around a table. When we all shushed for a few minutes, the students in the louder than we were, but the staff didn't care...

It's obvious that they don't like football fans in there. As a chain you'd think they would all operate the same? Maybe it's worth an email to them?

There are laws against discriminating against people on grounds of the way they dress (football shirts) but I can imagine it'll all be 'up to the managers discretion'

I would just not go in there personally.

It’s a dump

Back
Top Bottom