Matches Plymouth Away - Sell Out?

It is ridiculous that to get any decent advance ticket prices you have to book as soon as they come out, leaving you at risk of a rearranged game. As the Morecambe game was moved, rather than waste the train ticket and day-off, went to Lancaster instead. The booked train back was cancelled so will hopefully get that ticket price back.

I'm not left-wing in terms of believing in identity politics, gender politics, and uncontrolled immigration, and I generally agree competition breeds efficiency (complex topic) but I'm not the right-wing monster you may imagine me to be.

The rail companies are mini-monopolies, there is no real competition. They want to encourage people to lower emissions but give us no incentive to go via rail due to the LUDICROUS rail fares (for a bad service too). Its criminal. Something needs to change because all of us deserve better, it would cost me about £95 to go to Plymouth and back to London, plus a match-ticket and food etc it's £150 odd, I just can't justify it despite really wanting to go. If I lived in Oxford I'd consider a coach down there.

I reckon we will sell out anyway, COYY.
you don't mention where in London but depending your location have you thought about City Link Buses....Victoria Station and Oxford City Link spring to mind if they still operate then London Rd Travel Bus to the game?

Turns out that i relieved my bank account of £30 on Saturday night whilst intoxicated. Said £30 has been donated to Hobby craft who have kindly notified me today that my order of 180 yellow and blue balloons should be with me tomorrow...

Looks like there will be a few balloons kicking about in the away end on Saturday, should anyone wish to blow a couple up!

*Bangs head against wall*

I'm not left-wing in terms of believing in identity politics, gender politics, and uncontrolled immigration, and I generally agree competition breeds efficiency (complex topic) but I'm not the right-wing monster you may imagine me to be.

The rail companies are mini-monopolies, there is no real competition. They want to encourage people to lower emissions but give us no incentive to go via rail due to the LUDICROUS rail fares (for a bad service too). Its criminal. Something needs to change because all of us deserve better, it would cost me about £95 to go to Plymouth and back to London, plus a match-ticket and food etc it's £150 odd, I just can't justify it despite really wanting to go. If I lived in Oxford I'd consider a coach down there.

I reckon we will sell out anyway, COYY.
just checked there are coaches run from Victoria Station Direct to Plymouth £49.20 Return (price varies according to your return time)

link

Turns out that i relieved my bank account of £30 on Saturday night whilst intoxicated. Said £30 has been donated to Hobby craft who have kindly notified me today that my order of 180 yellow and blue balloons should be with me tomorrow...

Looks like there will be a few balloons kicking about in the away end on Saturday, should anyone wish to blow a couple up!

Hope in your drunken stupor you got biodegradable ones. :)

I have 2 littleuns that will be happy to take a few off your hands!

200 tickets left. Come on yellows. Let’s get these tickets sold!

Anyone know of an away pub?

The closest 'away' pub, The Brittania, doesn't sound too welcoming in the above ^^ (2nd) guide- queue to get in & 'sing songs and you'll be ejected!' -
Hyde Park Social Club and The Cherry Tree sound a bit more welcoming ?

@Paul B may know of others in the vicinity?

The closest 'away' pub, The Brittania, doesn't sound too welcoming in the above ^^ (2nd) guide- queue to get in & 'sing songs and you'll be ejected!' -
Hyde Park Social Club and The Cherry Tree sound a bit more welcoming ?

@Paul B may know of others in the vicinity?

The Fortescue at Mutley Plain (where I’m planning to go) is great local real ale pub - there are others there as well one a Wetherspoons I think - about 15 min walk to the away end

Don’t they have their fans zone open to away fans?
A decent place to have a pre match beer last time I went.
nowt about a fan zone being advertised at Home Park for Saturdays game?

Back
Top Bottom