Match Buildup playoffs build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to confess a little worry about the preparation. No 'real' matches mean that match fitness will not be there on the day. I hope some sort of matches will be set up. But I don't hold out any real hope.

Same for the other teams though.
Rather than fitness it might come down to which team has the best technical ability. :)

Would be nice to beat Portsmouth and play Wycombe at Wembley. Presumably then we will have the record of playing in front of under 100 crowd

I see in the OM they announced Pompey drew with Brentford today 1-1 but if Brentford played yesterday that must have been an U23/youth/fringe team but that is there 2nd game I just hope we get some game time in to catch up, although I think Pompeys goal keeper was injured .

I see in the OM they announced Pompey drew with Brentford today 1-1 but if Brentford played yesterday that must have been an U23/youth/fringe team but that is there 2nd game I just hope we get some game time in to catch up, although I think Pompeys goal keeper was injured .

Baz it was Brentford’s keeper who was injured. Pompey put out a full strength team and Brentfords was a 2nd string team

Aim thanks for correcting me, so just more game time, and we’ve yet to have some

Have any sleuths (Sarge) found out if it’s being livestreamed/live tweeted/broadcast at all??

Have any sleuths (Sarge) found out if it’s being livestreamed/live tweeted/broadcast at all??
Nothing on the official site or Twitter account and no mention of the game on their fans forum. Interesting thread about iFollow though and the problems experienced by folk trying to watch the last game. Chaos with server issues further compounded by browser issues. How anybody thinks iFollow are up to the mark to stream all the matches available is a mystery.

Im not as concerned about the friendly situation as some on here. As long as we’re fit and organised we’ll be ready. A couple of games against championship u23 teams wont make or break our play-off chances in my opinion.

Friendly V Reading .... U's lost 1-2 .... Woodburn scored, Easty saved a pen ( handy 'practice ' for the playoffs?) ... OWS

edit * beat me to it by a few seconds @SteMerritt :sneaky:

It will have done them the world of good to get on a pitch and play a semblance of a competitive match. The result doesn't matter.

Sounds as though they played most of Reading's first team squad. Good fitness test for our boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom