Match Buildup playoffs build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Screened live on sky sport... but only overseas exiles able to watch via ifollow

club announces a decent initiative- albeit in most cases more expensive than a matchday ticket if 'we' were able to watch in person

What a great read that was.
Yes, good to read a review from someone who clearly knows the history and games and the context of the times, which you won't get just from looking at the results. Even if it did take me a while to get through the paywall / free article wall.

So when are the three times you can make substitutes?
As if the Oxford Mail would tell the full story.

I expect the 3 occasions are whenever you like but if you want to use all 5 subsitutes you will have to sub more than one player.

So Wycombe teams can't waste too much time with 5 substitutions staggered across the 90 minutes.

Does anyone know why there’s no background crowd noise for the league 2 play off games?

Also, is the noise created via the relevant stadium’s PA system or by the TV provider?

I thought I heard Gary Linkeker say that they (BBC) we’re creating it and that viewers can choose, hence why I wondered why it wasn’t used in tonights games.

Does anyone know why there’s no background crowd noise for the league 2 play off games?

Also, is the noise created via the relevant stadium’s PA system or by the TV provider?

I thought I heard Gary Linkeker say that they (BBC) we’re creating it and that viewers can choose, hence why I wondered why it wasn’t used in tonights games.
I thought they had accurately recreated the Northampton atmosphere. Only thing missing was them bleating about Appleton saying they weren't the best.

I thought they had accurately recreated the Northampton atmosphere. Only thing missing was them bleating about Appleton saying they weren't the best.

Yeah, I guess so!

Was hoping when we played that we’d have the background crowd noise, just made watching the game on TV nearly normal.

The noise is put onto the TV feed - it cannot be heard in the stadium. The commentators on one of the prem games said that on Wednesday.

The noise is put onto the TV feed - it cannot be heard in the stadium. The commentators on one of the prem games said that on Wednesday.

That’s what I thought, so was surprised they didn’t use it for last night’s games (League 2 play offs).

That’s what I thought, so was surprised they didn’t use it for last night’s games (League 2 play offs).
Shearer was just on the radio talking about the dubbed on crowd noise. Apparently for the matches the BBC are showing, you can chose an alternate feed without the noise if you want to.
He said he prefers it without, but (as a TV experience) I think I prefer it with - otherwise you can hear all the players shouting and the ball being kicked and it reminds me of a training game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom