General Players suggested in the transfer threads

Marked Ox

God like member
I think we should have a thread to follow the players people suggested in the transfer threads we should go for but didn't.

I was watching the Quest highlights last night and Michael Folivi was playing for Colchester. I remember somebody on here very keen on him to be signed by us. Well I'm glad we didn't sign him as he hasn't exactly set L2 alight this season with 5 goals (4 in the Lg) in 25 Lg/Cup appearances.

Last edited:
I believe Les Ferdinand has retired, but would consider a comeback to pull on the famous yellow shirt.

I think we should have a thread to follow the players people suggested in the transfer threads we should go for but didn't.

I was watching the Quest highlights last night and Michael Folivi was playing for Colchester. I remember somebody on here very keen on him to be signed by us. Well I'm glad we didn't sign him as he hasn't exactly set L2 alight this season with 5 goals (4 in the Lg) in 25 Lg/Cup appearances.

Depends what league we're in next season. Until promotion is out of the question I wouldn't be making any kind of list of what players we should sign.

Depends what league we're in next season. Until promotion is out of the question I wouldn't be making any kind of list of what players we should sign.

I haven't explained myself very well. I meant players from previous transfer windows who were discussed in those threads but the club didn't approach/sign etc and where are they now. It was inspired by the comments elsewhere about Marcus Maddison and seeing Michael Folivi on the highlights show. I certainly don't mean this as a discussion about the summer transfer business as that is a long way away but rather looking at past speculation which didn't happen.

Agree. Spoilt the thread before its got started.

I think it's a valid thread. There are plenty of players that are mentioned but never come, and it'll be interesting to see how they turn out. Marcus Maddison is a player that split opinions but was someone that I felt had the potential to make a big impact at this level. But he did nothing at Charlton, went to Bolton, did nothing, and now he's been dumped again! Definitely dodged a bullet there!!

Kabongo Tshimanga whilst still in the NL with Boreham Wood, he has done a good job there and I'm sure Lg clubs will be looking at him now. Whether he would have developed in the same way if we'd signed him is the great unknown of course.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom