General Players out on loan

Hopefully Spasov scores loads this season and then comes back next season in contention for Oxford. Conference is a good league for youngsters to learn men's game and toughen up.

Hopefully Spasov scores loads this season and then comes back next season in contention for Oxford. Conference is a good league for youngsters to learn men's game and toughen up.

Apparently Spasov was bullying (in the Matty Taylor, not Jamie Mackie, style) the Weymouth defenders last night which is a positive sign. Napa did well also from comments I've read.

Spasov's goal from Tuesday. I like his positioning for the goal. The Weymouth goalie is hilariously bad at crosses.

Watching those highlights has given me horrible flashbacks. I drove past Histon the other week and nearly had to pull over and be sick. Four years...

Very intrigued to see how Spasov gets on at Woking. Sounds like he’s made an impressive start and is taking the transition in his stride. Great that he’s off the mark nice and early too.

I drove past Histon the other week and nearly had to pull over and be sick.

There, there. We’re all still upset that he got away.
c65b4283cae4fad3ad6c402e019fbfdd.jpg

Quite a few out on loan at the moment and good reports.

Spasov scored the winner for Woking this evening at Weymouth.

That can be the great thing, the loan system, it allows players to find their feet at the right level for them. Napa for example is way off league 1 standard, but excelling in the conference.

Napa scores last night, then went off as a precaution, their fans love both him and Spasov, could be a decent permanent home for Napa, Whois probably not in the plans here

Napa's goal, where the keeper had a 'mare. Good to see Spasov getting so involved and clearly seems to have picked up some of Jamie Mackie's techniques!

I read an a good little article about Dominic Calvert-Lewin on the BBC website recently where he talked about a loan spell out at Stalybridge Celtic being the making of him and he never looked back after that. Hopefully this will be the threshold for Slavi. From what Ive seem of him I think he can go on to be a huge player for us in a year or two.

I hope the same can be said of Fabio Lopes but it seems he’s plateaued a little bit? Jerome said that Chris Short spent a lot of time after Tuesday’s game talking to him on the pitch. Hopefully the coaching staff have seen enough to persevere with him and give hime the best possible chance to succeed.

Kyran Lofthouse joins Napa and Spasov at Woking

seems like a good move for him, step up a level from last year, not sure if he’ll be competing with Napa for minutes or if they’ll play him at full back

I'd be surprised if he isn't playing as a right-back as that seems to be where we are looking to play him.

I read an a good little article about Dominic Calvert-Lewin on the BBC website recently where he talked about a loan spell out at Stalybridge Celtic being the making of him and he never looked back after that. Hopefully this will be the threshold for Slavi. From what Ive seem of him I think he can go on to be a huge player for us in a year or two.

I hope the same can be said of Fabio Lopes but it seems he’s plateaued a little bit? Jerome said that Chris Short spent a lot of time after Tuesday’s game talking to him on the pitch. Hopefully the coaching staff have seen enough to persevere with him and give hime the best possible chance to succeed.

Shandon Baptiste did half a season at Hampton & Richmond Borough in Tier 6 the year before he broke into the first team. Bossing it at that level is clearly a great developmental step for these young players.

That Slavi (and to an extent Napa.....although he is a little older) is doing it in Tier 5, at a club that's had a great start, at the age of 18 is a really great sign.

Whereas the fact that Lopes has only gone out to a Tier 7 team.....and a struggling one at that.....does rather lead you to worry about whether he's going to make it at OUFC.

Shandon Baptiste did half a season at Hampton & Richmond Borough in Tier 6 the year before he broke into the first team. Bossing it at that level is clearly a great developmental step for these young players.

That Slavi (and to an extent Napa.....although he is a little older) is doing it in Tier 5, at a club that's had a great start, at the age of 18 is a really great sign.

Whereas the fact that Lopes has only gone out to a Tier 7 team.....and a struggling one at that.....does rather lead you to worry about whether he's going to make it at OUFC.

The only thing I'd say about Lopes, is that the club may have taken the offer while there was one because at that time there was no guarantee of the NL even starting. The others moved once it was confirmed the NL was starting. Lopes has done well apparently until getting sent off/banned.

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Napa has torn his meniscus, shame as sounds like he was doing well for Woking

Spasov not been starting for them either not sure if they’re just managing his minutes or if he’s slowed down after his great start there

Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but Napa has torn his meniscus, shame as sounds like he was doing well for Woking

Spasov not been starting for them either not sure if they’re just managing his minutes or if he’s slowed down after his great start there
are Woking in/ or below the level of what constitutes 'elite' sport ?

Woking are elite! believe its national league south/north and upwards Sarge

Back
Top Bottom