General Players out on loan

Also, don't forget that I) most were sent out on loan to develop their game by playing regularly, so were never going to feature much, ii) most of these loans have been majorly disrupted by covid and leagues stopping, so we have not been able to chart their progress and iii) nearly all of them are now in a separate 'bubble' so are not allowed to be used in the senior squad, even if we wanted to

Last edited:
Also, don't forget that I) most were sent out on loan to develop their game by playing regularly, so were never going to feature much, ii) most of these loans have been majorly disrupted by covid and leagues stopping, so we have not been able to chart their progress and iii) nearly all of them are now in a separate 'bubble' so are not allowed to be used in the senior squad, even if we wanted to

From the team that played yesterday, they are all open to selection given that Robbie Hall and LCP played and they are part of the first team squad.

From the team that played yesterday, they are all open to selection given that Robbie Hall and LCP played and they are part of the first team squad.
I think it is a one way street, in that people in the senior bubble can step out on occasion, but noone can join the senior squad bubble without two weeks isolation first.
Seem to remember it was all outlined in a club article when all the kids returned from their loans when step 2 ceased

Without getting into all the Covid ins and outs (maybe Essex can educate) surely that’s not overly practical??

Would hope so Marked as for me, a few of them could (and should) step up if the season begins to drift away.

Just noticed Woking announce Napa has joined permanently.

No mention of Slavi.

If they test negative over a period of time there is no reason they can`t switch between work bubbles.

No different to a factory worker changing shifts I guess.

Would hope so Marked as for me, a few of them could (and should) step up if the season begins to drift away.

Just noticed Woking announce Napa has joined permanently.

No mention of Slavi.

Pleased for Napa. He needed a permanent move to push on in his career. They do like him at Woking so I hope he is a success for himself and for them.

From what I've seen of Lofthouse at Woking I don't think he looks ready to make an impact in League One - although I obviously hope he comes back and stakes a claim!

From what I've seen of Lofthouse at Woking I don't think he looks ready to make an impact in League One - although I obviously hope he comes back and stakes a claim!
Have you seen much of him Shosho.
It seems that he has played right back, RMF CMF and I think even CB.
Which positions have you seen him play in?
I wonder if he may be a decent attacking right back?

It was good to see Chambers Parillon come on yesterday at a critical time of the game (ahead of Kelly)
I suspect that he will get more game time in the last few games.
I would think that 2 young players breaking through in the season (with Stevens) will be a pretty good return and as the quality of the young players seems to be improving, hopefully this will be what we get used to going forwards. Exciting times.

I’ve seen a fair bit of Lofthouse in the 18’s when he was with them. A very well balanced player who’s comfortable with the ball and has a great habit of popping up with goals when he’s not at his best.

Like mentioned elsewhere, I’d rather have Elechi, Lofthouse in the side ahead of any midfielder filling in.

Hopefully Ruffels isn’t a serious injury but Elechi stepping in should be the way to go..

I’ve seen a fair bit of Lofthouse in the 18’s when he was with them. A very well balanced player who’s comfortable with the ball and has a great habit of popping up with goals when he’s not at his best.

Like mentioned elsewhere, I’d rather have Elechi, Lofthouse in the side ahead of any midfielder filling in.

Hopefully Ruffels isn’t a serious injury but Elechi stepping in should be the way to go..
I hope that Elechi gets a chance.
The alternative KR had is to put Long there when fit (Sam has become a really versatile player)
Lofthouse seems to be doing well at Woking and I just hope that he finishes the season there and comes into the first team squad next season.
I would prefer Lofthouse than Clare in the squad next season

Lofthouse seems to be doing well at Woking and I just hope that he finishes the season there and comes into the first team squad next season.
I would prefer Lofthouse than Clare in the squad next season

I think I'd prefer to have a young player who is playing well in League 1 team, than a young player doing okay in the Conference.

But, how about we have both.

I think I'd prefer to have a young player who is playing well in League 1 team, than a young player doing okay in the Conference.

But, how about we have both.
I guess that it depends on squad sizes and whether we are capped at 20 players?
Clare is 24 and would count as part of that squad. Lofthouse is what 19 and won't be?

Given how he is doing, I think it makes sense to leave lofthouse at Woking for experience rather than disrupt him at this stage. We can then bring him on board for us next season.
With Clare I suspect what happens there is up to the player as to whether he is keen to come back and compete for a place here, or stay at Burton where he has already made his mark.
No harm in having elechi in the first team bubble for rest of the season though pitch time may be limited while we are still in the scrap for the playoffs. Remember Long is due back next week too.

Not sure who follows Clare on Instagram but on his Story, it seems he's at our training ground today, also in a hoodie, I assumed he'd be training with Burton?

Back
Top Bottom